The Official PlayStation 5 Thread

LOL, no. At around110 million units sold,, the PS4 is the second best selling console of all time, behind the PS2. As a brand, PlayStation owns 4 of the top 5 spots of all time highest selling home consoles. The only non PlayStation console in the top 5 is the Wii.
Oh. When you said you were the resident playstation guy that made it sound to me like it’s not popular.

Ive been going through this situation in the past few months. I’ve literally always been on PlayStation, from one through 4. But my ps4 died, so I’ve been on Xbox one for like 5 months now. It’s been tough for me to adjust, but I mostly play things like fortnite, cod, siege, stuff like that. It’s not bad now but definitely takes some getting used to.
When I moved from PS3 to xbox 360 I immediately liked the xbox controller better. PS thumbsticks always felt too easy to move. I'd tend to overshoot my aim when trying to be precise. Not enough resistance. Xbox thumbsticks felt like they had a little more resistance and made playing twitch games much more precise for me.

Getting used to ABXY took me a while though. Played years of NCAA football on ps1/ps2/ps3 and it took me forever to get ABXY memory going where I could pass to a receiver without having to look down to see which button was which.

Last edited:
Nothing earth-shattering here but Sony unveiled it's new studio brand along with the boot up screen for their PS5 games. I like it. It kind of has a Marvel Studio feel to it.

It really doesn't seem like 6.5 years ago, does it? Came out Nov 2013.

I played Infamous: Second Son for a bit the other day. Game still looks awesome. Particle effects are top-notch. And it's over 6 years old now. Crazy.

I played Infamous: Second Son for a bit the other day. Game still looks awesome. Particle effects are top-notch. And it's over 6 years old now. Crazy.
Yeah Sucker Puch Interactive is a very talented studio. Their next game, Ghost of Tsushima, looks fantastic! I can't wait to play it! BTW, did you play the Infamous DLC called "First Light?" I actually liked that even more than Second Son.

Reactions: Aesius
Yeah Sucker Puch Interactive is a very talented studio. Their next game, Ghost of Tsushima, looks fantastic! I can't wait to play it! BTW, did you play the Infamous DLC called "First Light?" I actually liked that even more than Second Son.

Yep. I platinumed the game + DLC. It's not the deepest game but I had a lot of fun with it. The graphics were really amazing at the time of release. IIRC it was one of the first true next-gen games rather than being cross-platform.

EY-EZ8aXQAEVhrC

We should be getting a PS5 unveiling very very soon!

Interesting message from Sony PlayStation president Jim Ryan...

"It's time to give fans something different. Something that can only be enjoyed on PlayStation 5."

EZMd9qIXsAEZ34a

Reactions: Aesius
Can't wait to see the lineup of games. Especially whatever Bluepoint has been working on, which will hopefully be revealed!

Twisted Metal? Funny I was just thinking about that game recently, along with Resistance.

Man, Twisted Metal on PS5 would be amazing. Rocket League shows that vehicular-based, non-racing games can be popular.

It's funny because that tweet covers basically everything that could get a remake, even Syphon Filter.

Man, Twisted Metal on PS5 would be amazing. Rocket League shows that vehicular-based, non-racing games can be popular.

It's funny because that tweet covers basically everything that could get a remake, even Syphon Filter.

Actually, I'm not a huge fan of F2P games but Twisted Metal would be a perfect candidate to be in that space.

VN Store

Back