The Official PlayStation 5 Thread

Also picked up Yakuza Like A Dragon, I'm actually excited about the turned based combat. I thought combat was the weakest part of the Yakuza games lol

I got this on a whim with a PS gift card. And I love it.

Reactions: UTK
For anyone who might be lucky enough to find one, this is a pretty good starter guide for PS5. I'll put it in post #1 as well.

Just a side not to everyone, never buy Ubisoft games at launch. They will be down to 20 in 3-4 months usually lol
Like most AAA titles those that pre order are paying to beta test. I stopped buying assassins creed after the French Revolution one. It was so buggy and rushed it took several large patches to make it playable. Now I buy them around Black Friday or even the next year for $20.
I saw where BF2042 is such garbage the cheating mod companies have stopped supporting it.

So I had pretty much decided to go Xbox this gen. I've been looking for a Series X this weekend. But, tonight I got an email from Playstation direct. I should be able to buy a PS5 tomorrow afternoon. With as hard as they are to get, I feel like I'd be nuts not to buy one. So I guess I'll be giving the PS5 a shot.

Last edited:
So I had pretty much decided to go Xbox this gen. I've been looking for a Series X this weekend. But, tonight I got an email from Playstation direct. I should be able to buy a PS5 tomorrow afternoon. With as hard as they are to get, I feel like I'd be nuts not to buy one. So I guess I'll be giving the PS5 a shot.
Congrats. When you get it, dont skip playing the pack in game, Astrobot. Its actually pretty fun and it really shows off what all the Dualsense controller can do.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
It’s a great machine

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Congrats. When you get it, dont skip playing the pack in game, Astrobot. Its actually pretty fun and it really shows off what all the Dualsense controller can do.
It’s a great machine
Alas, twas not meant to be. Work had me tide up in court, on the road, and in meetings all day. I was never in a place to log on and watch the queue. I haven't had a day that busy in months.

I'm strangly at peace with it though. It's just how the last few years have gone.

So simple question. Is the ps5 just light years better than the ps4? Should I go through the trouble of finding one to begin with and then paying whatever they cost or just stick with my ps4? Is the ps5 worth it? Is the hype real

So simple question. Is the ps5 just light years better than the ps4? Should I go through the trouble of finding one to begin with and then paying whatever they cost or just stick with my ps4? Is the ps5 worth it? Is the hype real
Im not sure if "light years" is the best description but yes it is significantly more powerful than PS4. Especially in the areas of framerate and loading times. I was telling someone the other day that the loading time differences alone from last gen to this gen make the upgrade worth it to me. Its damn near instant in most games. I've noticed that I actually finish more games now than I ever did and I honestly think its because the speed of the SSD puts you back in your game so much faster instead of staring at so many loading screens. The techinical leap from PS4 to PS5 is much greater than the leap from PS3 to PS4 was, thats for sure!

Also I really love the new Dualsense controller. The haptic feedback and adaptive triggers really add a new level of immersion to the games that take advantage of it. So much so that if I go from using the Dualsense back to using a standard controller, I really miss the added features.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATC_VOL
Im not sure if "light years" is the best description but yes it is significantly more powerful than PS4. Especially in the areas of framerate and loading times. I was telling someone the other day that the loading time differences alone from last gen to this gen make the upgrade worth it to me. Its damn near instant in most games. I've noticed that I actually finish more games now than I ever did and I honestly think its because the speed of the SSD puts you back in your game so much faster instead of staring at so many loading screens. The techinical leap from PS4 to PS5 is much greater than the leap from PS3 to PS4 was, thats for sure!

Also I really love the new Dualsense controller. The haptic feedback and adaptive triggers really add a new level of immersion to the games that take advantage of it. So much so that if I go from using the Dualsense back to using a standard controller, I really miss the added features.
Looks like I’ll be getting one if I can find where to buy it from. I haven’t had any luck yet. I figured they were available like systems always have been but when I tried to look at one I found out they are hard to come across. Anyone know why they are so hard to get

Looks like I’ll be getting one if I can find where to buy it from. I haven’t had any luck yet. I figured they were available like systems always have been but when I tried to look at one I found out they are hard to come across. Anyone know why they are so hard to get

There's 2 factors contributing to this. 1. There is a chip shortage right now due to high demand of shared components across multiple products (consoles, PC's, cell phones, smart cars, etc) coupled with supply chain constraints due to COVID. Sony just can't make them fast enough. 2. Because demand is so high right now, scalpers are gobbling a lot of them up and re selling them on Ebay. You can find one on there easily but you'll pay around 800.00 for it.

The best way to get one right now is to follow all the major retailers like Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Wal Mart, Gamestop, Slickdeals, etc plus the official PlayStation account on Twitter so you can be updated when new restocks happen. Then be ready at your PC with your credit card when sales go live. That won't guarantee you one, as you still have to fight scalpers but it gives you the best chance. Also check your local Gamestop periodically to see if any get traded in. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kentucky wildcat
Can't tell if this is a desperation move by Sony or if Bungie finally has another quality IP in the works.
I think it's good for Bungie and Sony. I dont think this move is in response to the Activision acquisition as this was probably in the works well before the other was announced. These things dont happen quickly, I dont think.

I think it's good for Bungie and Sony. I dont think this move is in response to the Activision acquisition as this was probably in the works well before the other was announced. These things dont happen quickly, I dont think.
You're probably right, it just doesn't look that good on Sony because of the timing of it.

You're probably right, it just doesn't look that good on Sony because of the timing of it.

Obviously this didn't happen overnight or even over the last week. Billion dollar deals don't get done like you're trading baseball cards over recess. The timing of the announcement was almost certainly influenced by the Activision purchase but you can bet this has been in the works for months and months.

VN Store

Back