The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

I'm really trying to get back into NASCAR. It just doesn't seem as exciting to me as it used to be. Maybe because I'm older, I don't know. I remember as a kid watching Gant, Allison, Elliot, Earnhart and my childhood favorite Petty. Maybe it will never live up to my childhood memories.

We used to go to Daytona, Talladega and Bristol every year. I really want to get my daughter to a race before she gets too old to want to go with me, I figure I've got one or two years tops.
Don’t know how old she is. I took my 6 year old to the all-star race at Bristol last month and it’s all he’s wanted to talk about since.

Wow, Denny don’t sound very confident with his car... not a good start for him tonight. I feel Kurt Busch May be strong in this race. He’s my dark horse 🐎

Weird to change a track to a short track when there's a lot of short tracks already out there. Guessing this may partly have to do with wanting to sell some of the land associated with the track. You know.... to the types of jerks that like to buy land close to a race track then complain about noises from the track they knew was there when they bought the land.

Figured out my reassigned seats for Talladega today. I got moved 4 sections to the left (still in same Grandstand name) and 5 rows further down from the top. Not too bad especially given how last year was my first year going, figure I was way down the list of getting my same seats.

Just over 3 weeks away now. I'm fired up.

Reactions: ATC_VOL

I think with the way Brad has ran this year, he’s gotta be a legit threat to Hamlin and Harvick. I don’t think Hamlin can keep up his pace, he always seems to choke. Waiting on Kyle to get hot too. He’s running out of time to do so but I would not be the least bit surprised to see him win tomorrow night

Reactions: badkarma
I think with the way Brad has ran this year, he’s gotta be a legit threat to Hamlin and Harvick. I don’t think Hamlin can keep up his pace, he always seems to choke. Waiting on Kyle to get hot too. He’s running out of time to do so but I would not be the least bit surprised to see him win tomorrow night
It's Harvick, Hamlin and everyone else. I don't think Brad can do it IMO. He's still a very very good driver, but I don't see it happening unless he catches a break

It's Harvick, Hamlin and everyone else. I don't think Brad can do it IMO. He's still a very very good driver, but I don't see it happening unless he catches a break
There’s no doubt there but looking through what is left, I would not hesitate to put Brad in those last 4. I think those 3 have probably been the best since they’ve came back from Covid. Thing about Brad, dude is sneaky good and it seems like pit strategy seems to fall his way more often than not. I don’t think he’ll win it all, I think it’s Harvick’s to lose. Either way you cut it though, if Hamlin or Harvick don’t win it, that’s a disappointment for them. They’ve been head and shoulders above everybody else since the break.

Side note, I hope they keep the format they have now as far as qualifying goes. Let em draw every week. Give them practice time but I like the draw.

All that matters is just getting to Homestead and being in that Final 4. You can suck all year and have a few good runs in the playoffs and sneak in to Homestead. All of the pressure is on Harvick and especially Hamlin.

Reactions: Vol$_Deep_11_9

VN Store

Back