The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

That wasn't bad. It actually made for an exciting finish more times than not. It was wild to see two hook up and go from mid pack to the lead in half a lap.

The four wide finish at Talladega was awesome.

If nascar would do the following they could fix the sport.

All skirts - throw them away.
Cars - they need to look like the actual manufactured vehicle you are racing. If the car supplied by the manufacturer sucks then take it up with them.
Motors - Let them eat. More horsepower. Move the fans back 30 feet and build a better fence.

Short tracks - more of them(except martinsville). I know I know martinsville is amazing to most, but in my opinion is boring. South Boston, Rockingham, north wilksboro, Nashville fairgrounds, & El Dora need to be on the schedule.

1.5 - 2.5 speedways - drop one race from Kansas, Pocono, Indy(I know only 1 to begin with) & Texas.

New Hampshire - get rid of this track for Boston.

2 races at darlington and you have a winner.

Cars - they need to look like the actual manufactured vehicle you are racing. If the car supplied by the manufacturer sucks then take it up with them.
Motors - Let them eat. More horsepower. Move the fans back 30 feet and build a better fence.

Short tracks - more of them(except martinsville). I know I know martinsville is amazing to most, but in my opinion is boring. South Boston, Rockingham, north wilksboro, Nashville fairgrounds, & El Dora need to be on the schedule.

1.5 - 2.5 speedways - drop one race from Kansas, Pocono, Indy(I know only 1 to begin with) & Texas.

I'm on board with all that except taking one away from Martinsville. With the exception of the spring race last year I can honestly say I don't think I've ever seen a boring race there. I love dirt racing anyway, I'd be 150% on board with Eldora being on the schedule in some form or fashion. The truck series does it, not sure why the Cup guys won't.

I'm on board with all that except taking one away from Martinsville. With the exception of the spring race last year I can honestly say I don't think I've ever seen a boring race there. I love dirt racing anyway, I'd be 150% on board with Eldora being on the schedule in some form or fashion. The truck series does it, not sure why the Cup guys won't.

Yea it is a preference thing. I really do love darlington.

I don't like the new ARCA overtime rule. It's just green-checkered. And just one attempt. One lap isn't really enough time to get up to speed on a plate track. It really hope NASCAR doesn't adopt this.

Congratulations to Harrison Burton on getting the win. The Toyotas looked solid tonight. Hope that's true next Sunday too.

My cousins husband in at 17.

I would be on board with all of this except Martinsville. I love the racing there.

I know it'll never happen since NASCAR owns the tracks, but I'd be fine with dropping the July race at Daytona, and both races at Talladega. Restrictor plate racing has evolved into 20 cars following each other around lap after lap with everyone afraid to make a move.

I would be on board with all of this except Martinsville. I love the racing there.

I know it'll never happen since NASCAR owns the tracks, but I'd be fine with dropping the July race at Daytona, and both races at Talladega. Restrictor plate racing has evolved into 20 cars following each other around lap after lap with everyone afraid to make a move.

NASCAR would never make the move. The restrictor plate races gather up the most ratings and attention for the sport.

I’m sure I’ll get flamed but I think switching Daytona’s July race and Homestead would be a good move for NASCAR. Let the championship be decided at NASCAR’s signature track. I believe it would bring about more coverage and a rejuvenated interest. Essentially let the season begin and end at Daytona. Only downside, the 500 may lose some of its prestige.

I’m sure I’ll get flamed but I think switching Daytona’s July race and Homestead would be a good move for NASCAR. Let the championship be decided at NASCAR’s signature track. I believe it would bring about more coverage and a rejuvenated interest. Essentially let the season begin and end at Daytona. Only downside, the 500 may lose some of its prestige.
I like the ide. There’s already 2 races there, so I don’t think the 500 would lose any prestige.

We’ve had brief rivalries but most just reconcile. None of them have lasted for years. My favorite one has been Kyle vs. Brad.
I like Keselowski anyway and despise Kyle, I respect Kyle's ability to drive a race car but I can't stand him lol Logano and Kenseth would have been a good one if it would have kept going I think.

Not gonna lie guys, I hope the 500 is more entertaining than what we've seen so far. I don't wanna see all out carnage by any means, but this riding around the top single file business is not any fun to watch.

VN Store

Back