The official "Jeremy Pruitt has been fired" WATCH THREAD.

yeah I'm a little confused by that as well... could he just be an interim coach when Pruitt is let go for stability, is he the next coach in waiting, is there more to this... very odd
The only thing that makes sense to me as of now with the info out there that makes sense is Pruitt is still the coach and acting as if he will be for the '21 season. He has interviewed potential coaches and evaluated current ones. As soon as the green light is given after the investigation, all pieces are set to fall in place fairly quickly. Like it or not, that all I can ascertain right now.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Got the feeling today is the day. Take some of the spotlight and news from Bama after the championship.

No insider info

I think Fulmer should retire or move to another admin position, but it's hard to pin the Pruitt extension completely on Phil Fulmer.

At least, Donde Plowman and the Board of Trustees and even Randy Boyd, likely, had to get a look at that contract extension. While Fulmer may have a big voice when it comes to UT coaching contracts, he's not the only person in the room.

I don't say that to absolve Fulmer AT ALL but to point out that there are problems in administration at UT beyond just Fulmer's judgement. That doesn't make me hopeful for future choices by admin.
I would think Plowman and Boyd relied on PF’s recommendation. He is a Hall of Fame football coach and his recommendation would carry weight one would think. Unfortunately, Controversy follows wherever ole Phil shows up and it appears he, like JP, are incompetence in their multimillion dollar UT jobs. A familiar theme at UT for the last two decades.

Austin Price just confirmed on Swain Event Pruitt is to be interviewed Thursday. We may hear something Friday or early next week at the latest (his guess)

Reactions: preacherwebb
Kenny Hawkins knows about as much as we know. If a guy here in the Tri Cities is more in the know than people in Knoxville, then the Knoxville media market is even more of a joke than people claim.
You must have missed the part where he said he talked to someone in Knoxville.

Got the feeling today is the day. Take some of the spotlight and news from Bama after the championship.

No insider info

I don't see how they could fire him before he is interviewed Thursday, would possibly be embarrassing and a bad look. Also, any future new coach candidate could see it as not being fair to JP.
Thursday will be "his day in court" before being sentenced. I expect Friday will be an announcement either he is staying or leaving.

No insider info

Because it would certainly help "steal the spotlight" so everyone can focus on how dysfunctional UTK is and not how successful bama is? This make zero sense.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Austin Price just confirmed on Swain Event Pruitt is to be interviewed Thursday. We may hear something Friday or early next week at the latest (his guess)

Nothing will come from the interview whether he is guilty or not but I highly doubt he will admit to any major infractions. It would kill his coaching career

You must have missed the part where he said he talked to someone in Knoxville.
I mean not to be snarky or a smart-a, but that's pretty much what every insider does with their sources. "They talk to someone" in the know. So I'm saying that Kenny Hawkins claiming to have someone on the inside who knows more than others is laughable.

Because it would certainly help "steal the spotlight" so everyone can focus on how dysfunctional UTK is and not how successful bama is? This make zero sense.

Then you know nothing about PR. You always try to take the spotlight on a day like today from Alabama

Let's all start praying that the He's FIRED announcement happens soon. And then right after the " I take great pleasure in introducing the new coach of the TN Volunteers Hugh Freeze".

Reactions: Vol_Fan4Life
wondering if Freeze might be an interim coach or actually THE head coach after Pruitt is fired. very strange how all this has been taking place... God I love a good TN coaching debacle more than our team

wondering if Freeze might be an interim coach or actually THE head coach after Pruitt is fired. very strange how all this has been taking place... God I love a good TN coaching debacle more than our team
Yep, games are like enduring an ingrown toenail and the searches resemble Three Stooges reruns.

Reactions: Volbrando
Last edited:
Reposting, as my aged eyes can’t handle thumbnails any more, and clicking on them just brings a partial image.

Edit to add: I neither believe nor disbelieve. Just re-posted for legibility. Copy-paste generally works a ton better than posting as attachments btw.
https://www.volnation.com/forum/attachments/c1292ade-0cd7-4305-a7e8-be285ac6869a-png.338590/View attachment 338591
Swain knows nothing. He's a good radio broadcaster, but that's it. This is literally a regurgitation of everything being said on this thread.

VN Store

Back