The Official Illinois @ Tennessee Series Thread (Fri. 3/8 6PM EST) (Sat. 3/9 1PM EST) (Sun. 3/10 1PM EST) (All games on SEC NET+)

NICE! that's how you do it.

ICYMI, apparently skipping a wet ball across the ground is the preferred way to get the out versus airing it out. Thanks, @taylorvol
The wet skip ball is kinda like skipping a ball across a pool. Lol. BTW, I was at the game with my daughter today, I guess I brought her up right because she wanted to stay until the last out. 🍊👍👊😀😃🍊👍🍊👍It was a weird weather day—sun with rain, but mostly rain. GBO!

I found my new mortal enemy
View attachment 625930

The pole that serves little purpose
I have one worse for you. Twice (including today) I ”upgraded“ my normal seats and couldn’t see the hitter or home plate because of the gigantic net pole by the visitors dugout. Last year it was the net pole by the home dugout. On paper, they looked like incredible seats. In person, not so much. Honestly, I don’t understand how they can sell those seats without noting “restricted view”.

Burns is dealing.
I wish him nothing but success
98792b14712bf0907745ab794a0530c02f20602b.gif

Mad he wasn’t starting, and didn’t like Franks old school approach to coaching is what I’ve heard. Bad blood never got resolved.
I think he was infatuated with the pitching lab as well. With that said, that Wake program is getting a ton of attention from MLB scouts right now.
He felt he was a Friday night ace, can’t really blame him...I guess.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Though most of us have never had the privilege to meet personally, I think of us all as one big dysfunctional family. May today's farewell to your mom be filled with moments of peace, comfort, and the warm embrace of loving memories. It is my sincere hope that amidst the grief, you find a gentle strength within and the support of those who hold you dear, guiding you towards a path of healing. We are all thinking of you, BigDaddy. ♥️
Well said bud!

I think he was infatuated with the pitching lab as well. With that said, that Wake program is getting a ton of attention from MLB scouts right now.
He felt he was a Friday night ace, can’t really blame him...I guess.
That’s kind of what I meant by not liking Frank’s approach. They’re kind of at odds with each other, but both have produced undeniable results. I can see why kids would prefer both. It turned wake from an after thought program to #1 pretty quickly. I’m interested in it from that perspective as well.

He wanted to be Friday guy. That part has not worked out real well. He threw strikes tonight. Has struggled at times this year with it but I hope he succeeds.
Not very many flamethrowers have elite command, especially at this level. Even for MLB guys it’s pretty rare. Burns reminds me of Jordan Hicks in that regard.

Pitching not even close to 2022...
Not even 2023 level yet. Uncertain on 2 starters (Russell may be ok, but I'm gonna have to see him pitch at a high level again) and the backend of the bullpen doesn't seem to be sorted out yet either. We have a lot of guys that throw between 92-95, but I don't think I've seen anyone this year take the bull by the horns for the closer job (Snead could be that power arm, but I don't remember him being in the closer role).

At this point, I'm trusting the track record of CFA and will say he has a plan.

Mad he wasn’t starting, and didn’t like Franks old school approach to coaching is what I’ve heard. Bad blood never got resolved.
I can confirm that this is correct. Plus, his attitude towards teammates became strained because of it as well. We wish him well. It seems to be working out for both sides.

VN Store

Back