The Official Duke/UNC 2018/19 Basketball Thread!!!

I’m not talking about Saban, I’m talking about Alabama’s past transgressions with NCAA violations (see also UK and UNC), something that hasn’t happened at Duke.

And I wasn’t specifically mentioning Duke. I’m sure its not a sunshine and roses at Duke. The ACC is way to competitive at their level of play.

And I wasn’t specifically mentioning Duke. I’m sure its not a sunshine and roses at Duke. The ACC is way to competitive at their level of play.
“I’m not specifically mentioning Duke, but I’m specifically mentioning Duke.”

Find something

The last time I was on campus I saw Zion walking around with his nuclear surfboard on his way to a Samoan American Studies course.

there are conspiracies every year.

Off the top of my head I only know of Maggette for actual incidents.
...and Duke wasn't even pulled into that deal directly. Maggette allegedly was paid by an AAU coach, which would have made him not an amateur athlete and not eligible to play college basketball. Duke wasn't accused of doing anything - the NCAA ruled that Duke didn't know or should have known about his getting paid. That's really hard to believe, but whatever.

...and Duke wasn't even pulled into that deal directly. Maggette allegedly was paid by an AAU coach, which would have made him not an amateur athlete and not eligible to play college basketball. Duke wasn't accused of doing anything - the NCAA ruled that Duke didn't know or should have known about his getting paid. That's really hard to believe, but whatever.

That’s like when Joe said he didn’t know. He knew and a lot of other people knew too. Like I said before the sport is way to competitive at their level not to bend the rules alittle.

If it ever were to happen someone would fall on the sword before it got to K. Same can be said for Williams and a lot of other coaches around the country.

That’s like when Joe said he didn’t know. He knew and a lot of other people knew too. Like I said before the sport is way to competitive at their level not to bend the rules alittle.

If it ever were to happen someone would fall on the sword before it got to K. Same can be said for Williams and a lot of other coaches around the country.

Joe who? If it’s what I think you’re referring to, that’s a helluva an analogy .

To be fair about the Magette thing. He left after his freshman year, he was a sixth man on that team and K tried like hell to get him and Will Avery to stay. I don’t think he would try to keep him around knowing that he might get Duke in trouble.

VN Store

Back