The Official Duke/UNC 2018/19 Basketball Thread!!!

Espn cbs. Duke homers had them ordained champs

Smoking hot take right there.

I’ve heard analysts on ESPN and CBS be very critical of Duke’s inconsistent shooting, no depth and over-reliance on Zion to bail them out.

Are they a Final Four team? Sure.

Are they 1990 UNLV? Not even close.

Refs aren’t going to call that foul on the golden boy when it was as obvious as any forearm leading charge that has been called in every tourney game so far.

Why does Dook need help from the refs? Because it pays the bills....plain and simple.

It’s also complet f’n garbage

Refs aren’t going to call that foul on the golden boy when it was as obvious as any forearm leading charge that has been called in every tourney game so far.

Why does Dook need help from the refs? Because it pays the bills....plain and simple.

It’s also complet f’n garbage
Yeah obvious offensive foul

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I’m not big on conspiracy theories but when Duke was losing by three Zion lowered his shoulder committed an obvious charge. No call and he ends up finishing at the rim. Then barret with a blatant push off grabs the rebound and puts it back. 2 obvious fouls that don’t get called. Just unbelievable. Doubt that the officials are in on any sort of conspiracy but my god what a couple of huge breaks. Zion would’ve fouled out right there and sealed the game for ucf. Unbelievable

Agree with you all. Zion charged at the end. The UCF player was fouled on the last drive, penultimate shot, to the basket.

I’m not big on conspiracy theories but when Duke was losing by three Zion lowered his shoulder committed an obvious charge. No call and he ends up finishing at the rim. Then barret with a blatant push off grabs the rebound and puts it back. 2 obvious fouls that don’t get called. Just unbelievable. Doubt that the officials are in on any sort of conspiracy but my god what a couple of huge breaks. Zion would’ve fouled out right there and sealed the game for ucf. Unbelievable
There were actually two to choose from on the missed free throw. Hook & Hold (left) and the two-handed shove (right)

images.jpg

Reactions: ArmchairQB
Making up a lot out of a still frame
Hey, missed calls go both ways all the time. But to look at that picture (or watch the play in real time or slow motion) and say that either of those is made up is being pretty disingenuous.

I hate the term "Chalk" and I'm not sure of the origin but I can't recall a tournament that went this close to the seeding. Only 12 seed Oregon has crashed the party other that 5 seed Auburn. Other than that it's 1-4 seeds.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Hey, missed calls go both ways all the time. But to look at that picture (or watch the play in real time or slow motion) and say that either of those is made up is being pretty disingenuous.
Having your hands tied up is nothing close to a hook and hold. There was nothing egregious enough to call a push on Barrett either. For those wanting to call a charge when Zion started his drive, dude for UCF never came close to having his feet set.

Call it a hook and hold or not, but on Zion's point after miss, Javin DeLaurier (12) for Duke had the arm of UCF's Collin Smith (35), and he didn't let it go until the entire sequence of Barrett's putback was done with. Is no-call the right choice when UCF's leading rebounder for the game boxes out but can't get his arm up? I won't go so far as to say UCF deserved to win the game, but they deserved to be shooting free throws with the lead at 14 seconds.

IMG_0415_sm.jpg

Reactions: Chuckie
Having your hands tied up is nothing close to a hook and hold. There was nothing egregious enough to call a push on Barrett either. For those wanting to call a charge when Zion started his drive, dude for UCF never came close to having his feet set.
Yeah, because it's completely normal for a human being to jump and for their body to move parallel to the ground instead of perpendicular to it. Thanks, @ArmchairQB for a better picture. But, please, disregard the video evidence...they just had their hands tied up.

I hate the term "Chalk" and I'm not sure of the origin but I can't recall a tournament that went this close to the seeding. Only 12 seed Oregon has crashed the party other that 5 seed Auburn. Other than that it's 1-4 seeds.
Despite what a lot of people believe, there are always a lot of favorites this far into the tournament. For the most part, these tournaments go fairly close to the seeding. There are upsets - it's what makes this tournament great - but people misremember how often they occur beyond the first round. Only twenty-one 12 seeds have won a second round game ever. Only twenty-two 11 seeds have. Going purely off seeding, Oregon technically wasn't an upset because they were a 12 beating an 13.

A 9 and a 10 have only made it to the Final Four once; an 11 has surprisingly made it 4 times, but a 12-16 has never made it. More than 50% of the time, a 1 seed wins the championship.

Only nine 11 or 12 seeds, ever, have won a Sweet 16 game, but you hear people say stuff like you "need" to have a seed that high going that far in your bracket because of "the upsets." It's actually pretty rare.

Zion needs to go Lebron and average nearly 40 a game for Duke to win it all.

Is it possible sure
Is it going to probably not

ESPN
FS1
Etc.

Zion goes to piss and it’s breaking news.
They were exposed yesterday and escaped.
IMO, they haven't been the same since Zion got hurt. I know he's been back, but they just aren't as consistent as they've been since his injury. They are just really, really reliant on him, which is kind of surprising considering how basically the entire team consists of uber-recruits.

IMO, they haven't been the same since Zion got hurt. I know he's been back, but they just aren't as consistent as they've been since his injury. They are just really, really reliant on him, which is kind of surprising considering how basically the entire team consists of uber-recruits.

Like I said he’ll have to average nearly 40 and I don’t see it. He’s good but let’s not say hes the greatest thing to dribble a ball. Take for example tell a kid he’s going to be better than Lebron or he’d be a hell of a football player is just laughable.

VN Store

Back