The Official Duke/UNC 2017/18 Basketball Thread!!!

“If you look at the pros and the cons, college basketball is a big con,” she said.

“From a business perspective, college is 100 percent risk and it’s 100 percent negative to your business objective. It’s not putting you in any better position for achieving your business objective, which is reaching the NBA.”

This runs counter to the party line that coaches and college officials recite, saying that being under the guidance of great coaches can only enhance a player’s status.

“It could make you better at the risk exposing you,” Carter said. “Think about it from a business perspective: If you are in high school, projected to go 1 to 14 in the lottery, why risk that positioning by going to college and getting exposed, even if there is an opportunity that you can possibly get better? Why?

“It’s a big con,” she repeated. “Let the NCAA deal with those second-tier players and build their empire off them; let the one-and-dones go and build their empires with their skill set.”

She added: “If I have the option of going straight to the pros and missing college, I go straight to the pros.”

Yes, mama Carter.

One-and-done is right move for Duke’s Wendell Carter Jr. — The Undefeated

Agreed. And, bawling like a baby, in the sideline, with a minute left in a tie ballgame, is certainly some exposure you don't want, if you think NBA teams might want some mentally tough players.

I'm assuming you're sober now, and have played a sport in your life, so you should know better than this. Crying when one's season ends does not signify a lack of mental toughness.

And let's not forget Kansas' favorite son Paul Pierce crying, acting like he had been shot, and taking a freaking wheelchair to the locker room, all over an "injury" that magically healed in about 2 minutes.

Reactions: 1 person
And let's not forget Kansas' favorite son Paul Pierce crying, acting like he had been shot, and taking a freaking wheelchair to the locker room, all over an "injury" that magically healed in about 2 minutes.

Paul Pierce is a weak individual. Probably why that KU team lost to Arizona.

Paul Pierce is a weak individual. Probably why that KU team lost to Arizona.

Well, he's a Hall of Famer who's excellent at what he does and even more excellent under pressure. I'd imagine he's a much more accomplished leader than you are. The "no crying in sports/be a man" toxic masculinity crap is horsesh*t.

Well, he's a Hall of Famer who's excellent at what he does and even more excellent under pressure. I'd imagine he's a much more accomplished leader than you are. The "no crying in sports/be a man" toxic masculinity crap is horsesh*t.

No, he's a hall of fame who couldn't win until a superteam was composed around him.

And, no, he's not even close to as accomplished of a leader as I am.

No, he's a hall of fame who couldn't win until a superteam was composed around him.

And, no, he's not even close to as accomplished of a leader as I am.

I'm sure the teams that passed on him are comforting themselves by nitpicking his Hall of Fame career, especially given that no one has won without a superteam except for the '04 Pistons.

In terms of using actual logic instead of transparently playing favorites, I've met fast food managers who seem like better leaders than you.

I'm sure the teams that passed on him are comforting themselves by nitpicking his Hall of Fame career, especially given that no one has won without a superteam except for the '04 Pistons.

In terms of using actual logic instead of transparently playing favorites, I've met fast food managers who seem like better leaders than you.

Neat. I rarely talk with fast food managers.

Lol, too good for fast food and equating mental toughness with bottling emotions. Great Leadership 101

I don't spend my time in fast food restaurants.

I equated mental toughness with not bawling like a baby and giving up when the game is still being played.

You dookies are quite easy to poke. I'm guessing that is a result of your privilege and always being told how great you are (when, in fact, dook is really nothing more than the Harvard of Durham).

I equated mental toughness with not bawling like a baby and giving up when the game is still being played.

You dookies are quite easy to poke. I'm guessing that is a result of your privilege and always being told how great you are (when, in fact, dook is really nothing more than the Harvard of Durham).

Your "poking" has made you look like the most snobbish and stuck-up person in a thread full of Duke fans, which isn't easy.

Reactions: 5 people
Your "poking" has made you look like the most snobbish and stuck-up person in a thread full of Duke fans, which isn't easy.

I love looking snobbish and stuck up. I am snobbish and stuck up. But, I earned my position. Dookies, on the other hand, probably still have their parents changing their diapers.

I hate Duke, and even I think you’re a total dumba**.

This isn’t even trash talk. It makes “my dad would beat up your dad” look mature by comparison. But hey, at least you don’t eat fast food.

Reactions: 3 people
I hate Duke, and even I think you’re a total dumba**.

This isn’t even trash talk. It makes “my dad would beat up your dad” look mature by comparison. But hey, at least you don’t eat fast food.

My dad would beat up your dad.

VN Store

Back