The Official Detroit Pistons Thread

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
I know it's been a bad few years, but Dumars has really hit on the draft with Knight and Monroe, and Drummond has all star potential.

Any other Pistons fans?

I pull for them, Ben Wallace used to be my fav player back when he was in his prime, but I still pull for him and im a Gonzaga fan so I want to see Austin Daye do well too.

Reactions: apevol
Apparently Detroit isn't going to do anything in free agency.

Talks of trading Tayshaun.

So, Andre Drummond has been flat out good in the preseason.

Just a fantastic video for a lot of reasons:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_7vKFDchI4[/youtube]

Boom! First win last night!

Monroe was beastly.

Kyle Singler looks like a good NBA player.

I pull for the Pistons (after the Grizz of course) was a huge Piston fan back in the day. I still faintly recall the Bad Boys days.

I pull for the Pistons (after the Grizz of course) was a huge Piston fan back in the day. I still faintly recall the Bad Boys days.

The Bad Boys. Those were the days (or so my dad says).

I remember the 2004 Pistons destroying the Lakers.

I miss those days.

Drummond should get more minutes. He's played really well in his limited time. See if he can keep it up.

Maxiell has actually played pretty well this year, but he likely won't sustain this pace. Prince hasn't been the same player he once was the last few years. They should be able to find 15 minutes between those two to give to Drummond.

The Bad Boys. Those were the days (or so my dad says).

I remember the 2004 Pistons destroying the Lakers.

I miss those days.

Oh yeah, I was quite ecstatic. So was my pops. Billiups and Rip were quite the duo. Then you had the law firm of Wallace and Wallace. Good ole Tayshaun. Lindsey Hunter was a terrific defender and could hit the open 3 under the right circumstances. Had Okur coming off the bench. On a side note, I seen where he retired the other day. He carved out a really nice career.

Oh yeah, I was quite ecstatic. So was my pops. Billiups and Rip were quite the duo. Then you had the law firm of Wallace and Wallace. Good ole Tayshaun. Lindsey Hunter was a terrific defender and could hit the open 3 under the right circumstances. Had Okur coming off the bench. On a side note, I seen where he retired the other day. He carved out a really nice career.

Okur was just one of those guys Joe D found, ended up in good circumstances (the pick and pop with D-Will) and had a nice career.

I would love to have his career. Play ten years, make good money, don't have to deal with superstar BS or busted pick BS. Just a solid player.

For four years in Utah (his prime) he gave you 16.8 ppg/8.0 RPG and shot 46.3/38.7/78.9 while playing solid D.

If I was the Heat, I'd offer him a Vet minimum. They could use him.

I'm pretty sure I posted this before:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHirAklcTuE[/youtube]

Double-Double for Andre Drummond. His first career double-double.

Brandon Knight with the game winner tonight.

Interesting article for you ZJ. Frank says increasing Drummond's minutes is questionable because he doesn't think he will perform at the same level. This is the advanced metrics' response. The conclusion:

However, what [we] don’t see in the numbers is a significant drop off in productivity when Drummond’s minutes increase. In fact, we see the exact opposite! And the truth is that regardless of his minutes played, Drummond has been making significant impact when he plays.

Is Giving Andre Drummond More Minutes a Bad Idea?

Interesting article for you ZJ. Frank says increasing Drummond's minutes is questionable because he doesn't think he will perform at the same level. This is the advanced metrics' response. The conclusion:

Is Giving Andre Drummond More Minutes a Bad Idea?

I'm happy with Andre's minutes because, the Pistons suck, and the formula in place is working for him. Andre also has some conditioning issues (although nowhere near bad) and struggles defensively late in games.

VN Store

Back