The Official Detroit Pistons Thread

Another one for you...Detroit gets a lot of attention because the guy who invented "wins produced" is a huge Pistons (and Lions, and Tigers) fan.

The Myth of the 2004 Pistons

I'm in complete agreements. I never understood how the league's best rebounder/defender never was considered a star.

I can't wait till he doesn't make the Hall of Fame and I ***** about it for 20 years.

Reactions: 1 person
Drummond has 11 boards, 4 blocks, and 8 points in 19 minutes last night.

PLAY HIM MORE!!!

This doesn't have anything to do with the current Pistons, but i didnt know where to put it. I didn't know Lindsey Hunter was the interim coach the Suns, doesnt seem like that long ago he was playing in Detroit.

And tonight they beat the Clippers to be 2-0 under Hunter

Last edited:
This doesn't have anything to do with the current Pistons, but i didnt know where to put it. I didn't know Lindsey Hunter was the interim coach the Suns, doesnt seem like that long ago he was playing in Detroit.

God I feel old. I remember watching Lindsey Hunter play.

It's big news around here. Tons of rumors about a coup...like that Hunter knew he was getting the job before they even fired Gentry...supposedly the only players happy about the move are Kendall Marshall and Michael Beasley. I guess Jermaine O'Neal got in a huge profanity-laced shouting match with management, and then he didn't make the trip to Sacramento.

Dumars made a nice trade today. Calderon is a nice addition, thought our backcourt D is blech.

How in the hell did he pull that off for Prince and Daye? Seriously if Drummond keeps it up, with Calderon they wouldn't need much more to be a perennial playoff team.

How in the hell did he pull that off for Prince and Daye? Seriously if Drummond keeps it up, with Calderon they wouldn't need much more to be a perennial playoff team.

They're backcourt D is still very questionable...maybe they can turn Magette (an expiring contract) into somebody.

Yeah..perennial playoff team. They acquired Calderon for his EXPIRING contract. Guess that didn't make the spreadsheet either.

Yeah..perennial playoff team. They acquired Calderon for his EXPIRING contract. Guess that didn't make the spreadsheet either.

So you're inferring if I don't know some random player's contract situation, you think it disqualifies my player evaluations? Is that the thesis of this remark?

Last edited:
So, Frank was fired.

McMillan the front runner. Eh......

Tonight has been a very good night. Let's recap:

1) KCP is EXACTLY what Detroit needs. He can score in a variety of ways, plays good defense, rebounds well. Great guy, good teammate. He was turnover prone in college because he handled the ball too much for a porous Georgia team, but he might start from day one. I'm very happy.

2) Tony Mitchell was a lottery pick before the start of the year. He's moody, but 6'9 forwards who can shoot the 3, have elite rebounding skills, 7'3 wingspans, AND great athleticism are rare in the second round. Peyton Siva can do everything but shoot. He is a great defender and can be a solid 12-15 minute backup for Detroit. I'm very happy with the draft.

Overall for the draft: A-

OH AND RASHEED WALLACE IS IN TALKS TO BE ON THE DETROIT PISTONS COACHING STAFF HEEELLLLLLLLLLL YES

Pistons signed Josh Smith.

If you guys see this from Friendsville, TN, it's me.

tumblr_lyvg4xcl3n1qcwph1o1_400.gif

I hope you get the good Josh on a nightly basis. A change of scenery should be good for him.

Has it been reported what kind of role he's expected to be in?

I ask because he seemed to resent Joe Johnson's contract when he was a Hawk and now that he's going to get paid it will be interesting to see how responsible he will be.

Z, I hope you're watching this summer league game. (Also J. Kidd's coaching debut.)

VN Store

Back