The Official Detroit Lions Den Thread

Last four Lions coaches through 34 games:
Rod Marinelli: 10-24
Jim Schwartz: 10-24
Jim Caldwell: 19-15
Matt Patricia: 9-24-1

Of course they had to let Caldwell go, how dare he have a winning record.

To zjcvols and mad4 Vols, I think Sheila
Ford needs to can Patricia now while the
season is still young no matter how it ends.
It's just a waste of time no matter how many
he wins maybe 5 at best. At least if given
his walking papers now maybe someone
could salvage the season before it becomes
a total disaster.

Reactions: zjcvols and MAD
Last four Lions coaches through 34 games:
Rod Marinelli: 10-24
Jim Schwartz: 10-24
Jim Caldwell: 19-15
Matt Patricia: 9-24-1

Of course they had to let Caldwell go, how dare he have a winning record.
Plus he was a more popular coach, treated
men like men and didn't disrespect them
like Patricia did Slay. Plus he didn't act
like a Tyrant either. If Quinn was smart
he would can him and it might salvage
his job.

Reactions: zjcvols and MAD
Plus he was a more popular coach, treated
men like men and didn't disrespect them
like Patricia did Slay. Plus he didn't act
like a Tyrant either. If Quinn was smart
he would can him and it might salvage
his job.

That's the other thing about Patricia that's quite a turn off, the way he talks down to people. I get it, he's a Belichick guy and Belichick has a reputation for being short and stoic with people. But Belichick is a winner so he gets away with it. When you're a loser and you act like this, you're just an ahole.

That one time he talked down the one reporter for slouching; like dude have you looked in the mirror? You're a fat slob who needs to trim his beard and clean the food scraps out of it.

Reactions: MAD
Thanks for turning me on to this program, Listened to the new episode today. It’s become my favorite Lions radio show.

I've never listened to the show or was aware of it. A friend sent that link to me. Maybe I should try and find it. I'm pretty sure any sports talk show is anti Patricia and Quinn though just as the fan base is.

Reactions: Chippo and MAD
That's the other thing about Patricia that's quite a turn off, the way he talks down to people. I get it, he's a Belichick guy and Belichick has a reputation for being short and stoic with people. But Belichick is a winner so he gets away with it. When you're a loser and you act like this, you're just an ahole.

That one time he talked down the one reporter for slouching; like dude have you looked in the mirror? You're a fat slob who needs to trim his beard and clean the food scraps out of it.

That has been a problem with the players as well (Slay, Diggs..ect...) . He's literally the worst version of a HC you could have. I'd rather go 1-15 (win over duhh bears) with an octopus picking plays than chance the pencil gimmick guy coaching one more game.

To zjcvols and mad4 Vols, I think Sheila
Ford needs to can Patricia now while the
season is still young no matter how it ends.
It's just a waste of time no matter how many
he wins maybe 5 at best. At least if given
his walking papers now maybe someone
could salvage the season before it becomes
a total disaster.

You can’t can him after two games but I would can both Quinn and Patricia if they go 0-4. We are gonna need to find a new GM and we need to get out ahead of everybody.

When Darius Slay and Damon Harrison, both incredibly respected men and multiple time pro bowlers, are calling you out then there are serious leadership issues.

The question is what happens if the Lions get the #1 pick...you take Lawrence and trade Stafford? Take the Oregon OT? Trade down and take BPA? Man that is gonna be interesting.

You can’t can him after two games but I would can both Quinn and Patricia if they go 0-4. We are gonna need to find a new GM and we need to get out ahead of everybody.

After the past 2 years and especially the last 2 games, I would say the sooner the better. It's only been getting worse, why make it 2 more games worse than it already is. Nobody likes him.

The question is what happens if the Lions get the #1 pick...you take Lawrence and trade Stafford? Take the Oregon OT? Trade down and take BPA? Man that is gonna be interesting.

You are definitely a die hard Lions fan, already looking forward to the draft. I would take Lawrence if they have the 1 pick.

Got my laugh 🤣 for the day for the
last sentence.

Wasn't aware cocaine wayne was still alive. In all seriousness the best coach available is a former Lion HC. Caldwell.
Tony Dungy said it was a mistake getting
rid of Caldwell 2 years ago. Don't know if he
( coach C) would be able to take it over even
If it was offered to him. Last I heard he had
some health issues.

Your right, he did have a health issue. Bieniemy should be the guy. Fire patty today and let Bevell finish out the season and get a deal with Bieniemy in place for after the season.

Your right, he did have a health issue. Bieniemy should be the guy. Fire patty today and let Bevell finish out the season and get a deal with Bieniemy in place for after the season.

I want him or Saleh. But we will first need to hire a GM

Leading at the half, it’s only the third game of the season and all my enthusiasm for this team is gone.
I want Patricia out, I don’t care if the Lions win or lose. He needs to be sent packing. Can’t stand the guy.

Reactions: zjcvols
Leading at the half, it’s only the third game of the season and all my enthusiasm for this team is gone.
I want Patricia out, I don’t care if the Lions win or lose. He needs to be sent packing. Can’t stand the guy.
I agree mad4.

Just read a report from fanside. A reporter
said a good job for Patricia next year would
be defensive coordinator for the Miami
Dolphins. Rumor has it he is already on the
hot seat. Can't see keeping him the whole
Year. The season already seems a bust

VN Store

Back