The Official Detroit Lions Den Thread

Zjcvols, after Valenti's speach I'm afraid
your 5-11 prediction is a great possibility.
For some reason they can't close games
in the 4 th quarter.

Reactions: MAD
Patricia was a Bilichek puppet. Patty never called the plays in N.E. he just held the title of DC. Once patty was on his own, Detroits D regressed and N.E. stayed top 10. Patricia will go down in a long, long list of former Lions HC to never hold the HC title again. He'll be a position coach at best.

Reactions: Chippo and MAD
Patricia was a Bilichek puppet. Patty never called the plays in N.E. he just held the title of DC. Once patty was on his own, Detroits D regressed and N.E. stayed top 10. Patricia will go down in a long, long list of former Lions HC to never hold the HC title again. He'll be a position coach at best.
I had to do my research, you are absolutely right.
You would think Jim Schwartz or Jim Caldwell would have been given another shot.
Found this from an article....

Not only have the Lions not played in the Super Bowl since its 1967 inception, only one of the 15 former head coaches in that span has been hired for another head coaching job: Dick Jauron, who coached five games for Detroit in 2005 on an interim basis and later coached Buffalo for four seasons.
It seems mathematically impossible, given the coaching carousel that seems to stop at the same names over and over again in the league.

You would think Jim Schwartz or Jim Caldwell would have been given another shot.

Not only have the Lions not played in the Super Bowl since its 1967 inception, only one of the 15 former head coaches in that span has been hired for another head coaching job: Dick Jauron, who coached five games for Detroit in 2005 on an interim basis and later coached Buffalo for four seasons.
It seems mathematically impossible, given the coaching carousel that seems to stop at the same names over and over again in the league.
That is very odd. You'd think it'd be much higher

Funny you mentioned Schwartz and
Caldwell not being rehired mad4, I was
thinking about the same thing this
morning. Best I see is 5 or 6 wins.

I had forgotten about the Interim HC. Nice research.

WE READY TO LOOK GOOD 2.5 QUARTERS, HAVE DUMB PENALTIES, A GUTLESS COACHING DECISION AND BLOW THIS 4TH QUARTER LEAD?!?!

Reactions: Chippo and MAD
WE READY TO LOOK GOOD 2.5 QUARTERS, HAVE DUMB PENALTIES, A GUTLESS COACHING DECISION AND BLOW THIS 4TH QUARTER LEAD?!?!
Funny you should say this, I was just reminded that
The Green Bay Packers lead for a combined zero seconds against the Detroit Lions in 2019.
Green Bay beat Detroit in both games.

Being a Lions fan is like.....

Maybe she does like me?
Prepare to get my heart torn out again.

Reactions: Chippo
I’m definitely not an expert in defensive schemes but Patricia’s stuff is so easy to recognize

This ****ing idiot is playing press coverage inside the 10 and the Packers have zero timouts why is this doofus a head coach

VN Store

Back