The Official Dayton @ Tennessee weekend series thread (Fri. 2/24 4:30PM EST SEC NET+) (Sat. 2/25 4:30PM EST SEC NET+) (Sun. 2/26 1PM EST SEC NET+)

Take care of yourself. Seriously, ease into strenuous activities. In fact, at our age, maybe avoid them altogether.

I for sure will avoid doing my Daniel Boone imitations in the future. After a pretty good walk at pace it was a brisk climb up a hillside that put me in peril when I did not stop to rest up for a few. Over extended my intermittent fasting period out of fear of losing a meal due to activity. Not the first time I have outsmarted myself.

Reactions: SuzyVol
Hogs, LSU, and Aggies should have all worried about their own seasons instead of trashing TN after the opening weekend.

They will all understand after they play against this pitching staff.
D1Baseball has already claimed that Arkansas “might have college baseball’s best pitching staff” and the Razorbacks’ veteran coach isn’t shying away from the potential of his pitchers entering 2023. D1 you might want to do a re-take.

D1Baseball has already claimed that Arkansas “might have college baseball’s best pitching staff” and the Razorbacks’ veteran coach isn’t shying away from the potential of his pitchers entering 2023. D1 you might want to do a re-take.
That was two months ago. I wouldn’t wait for a re-take. Settle back and relax. Savor those razorhawg tears. 😎

I heard them discuss it 2 months ago. The point is D1's statement will look foolish as the season progresses. Rephrase that........
Well dumb as sh-------to be exact.
That’s what they get for going out on a limb, knowing our staff and depth were returning. Pretty sure it got plenty of clicks when it was written. They definitely are already wearing a couple of eggs and at least one over ripe tomato 🍅

I see South Carolina and Alabama remain unbeaten.

I also see that neither have played diddly squat.

And as normal with South Carolina, the Gamecocks don't leave their state until SEC plays begin

I can't ever recall South Carolina playing in one of the many early season tournaments in Texas, Arizona, Florida or California.

I take that back, I now recall they went to play the other UT 2 years ago and got swept. Which may explain.

Prior to that, they last left the state for early season out-of-conference play in 2010 when they traveled all the way to Greenville NC to play East Carolina (losing 2 of 3)
In 2007 they booked a long flight to Wilmington NC to play OU, WKU and UNCW

If someone can find an orange Vader helmet they would love it.

I'm looking online, they're about $130 for one that looks like could be painted. If that's the best option, tell me where to send it. Well worth it.

That said, Knoxville has a pretty active 501st Legion (star wars club, basically. They dress up all the time, go to Childrens Hospital, etc). I'd be willing to bet that group would be more than happy to help them get some stuff.

They have a twitter @midsouth501 and a Facebook (Just search Midsouth Garrison).

Last edited:

That was probably written before Wiggins went down for the season who was having his best Fall yet, but still seemed a little premature. So far guys who were expected to take jumps forward have been underwhelming. Matt Hobbs gets accolades for being one of the best pitching coaches in college baseball but it sure seems like Arkansas only has about 3-4 reliable pitchers under him before it drops off a cliff.

I'm looking online, they're about $130 for one that looks like could be painted. If that's the best option, tell me where to send it. Well worth it.

That said, Knoxville has a pretty active 501st Legion (star wars club, basically. They dress up all the time, go to Childrens Hospital, etc). I'd be willing to bet that group would be more than happy to help them get some stuff.

They have a twitter @midsouth501 and a Facebook (Just search Midsouth Garrison).
email me at oldtimerbaseball@icloud.com if you have Venmo and I'll pay half..........send your account name if you do. Or I don't mind paying for it and getting to to preacher.

VN Store

Back