The Official CoronaZoneVirus Thread

Work especially. I’ve basically have tasted everything going out of my kitchen for 11 years. Thank goodness the residents are honest in their critiques.
Oh yes, a bunch of old (mostly) women are very free with their thoughts, I’ve found!

True story: before my father-in-law died, he and my mother-in-law lived in a “senior apartments” building - all independent living, but meals if wanted, arts and crafts room, etc., with a front desk to patiently deal with the continual mysteries that afflicted the residents: hot water suddenly and inexplicably coming out of cold faucet, door key not working, phone wouldn’t turn TV on and off.

When my FIL died, Hubs moved his mom to Asheville, where she would stay with us in our 940 sq ft 2 BR 1 BA house until her Assisted Living apartment was ready. —This was the visit when she carefully washed my iPhone, which I had left on the kitchen counter…

We were in the process of packing to move five houses around the corner. Things were as organized as they could be during a move, meaning “not very.” When we got her up the stairs and into the house, she looked around and said, “This place is a mess! Call the front desk!”

“Call the front desk!” is now our cry when housecleaning is overdue. Instead, we generally pour a drink and put our feet up.

1645747816165.gif

Oh yes, a bunch of old (mostly) women are very free with their thoughts, I’ve found!

True story: before my father-in-law died, he and my mother-in-law lived in a “senior apartments” building - all independent living, but meals if wanted, arts and crafts room, etc., with a front desk to patiently deal with the continual mysteries that afflicted the residents: hot water suddenly and inexplicably coming out of cold faucet, door key not working, phone wouldn’t turn TV on and off.

When my FIL died, Hubs moved his mom to Asheville, where she would stay with us in our 940 sq ft 2 BR 1 BA house until her Assisted Living apartment was ready. —This was the visit when she carefully washed my iPhone, which I had left on the kitchen counter…

We were in the process of packing to move five houses around the corner. Things were as organized as they could be during a move, meaning “not very.” When we got her up the stairs and into the house, she looked around and said, “This place is a mess! Call the front desk!”

“Call the front desk!” is now our cry when housecleaning is overdue. Instead, we generally pour a drink and put our feet up.

View attachment 435740
Lol. I hate when they become more and more reliant on assistance. It’s not good for them. There is some that truly need it, but when you have capable people calling you over to put a straw in their drink for them, it’s truly sad. It’s the start of a decline.

I remember the roof of mouth thing. I knew I had the Vid when I lost taste and smell. It has come back 100% just this week. Flonase is a wonder drug.
I asked my daughter (MD) what I could use to try to stem the snot flood, as my antihistamines are meant for allergies, not infections. She recommended my (dust-covered) Flonase, but everything had dried up by the time this registered.

I really need to get back on it. Add that rose scent to the bathroom!

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Lol. I hate when they become more and more reliant on assistance. It’s not good for them. There is some that truly need it, but when you have capable people calling you over to put a straw in their drink for them, it’s truly sad. It’s the start of a decline.
My grandmother is out of it now she don't know us and does nothing for herself my mom has to do her hair and wash her feed her and then my grandmother will complain sometimes and my mom has a broken back nerve damage. My grandmother has dementia my other grandmother had alhztimers and she wasn't that bad till death.

My grandmother is out of it now she don't know us and does nothing for herself my mom has to do her hair and wash her feed her and then my grandmother will complain sometimes and my mom has a broken back nerve damage. My grandmother has dementia my other grandmother had alhztimers and she wasn't that bad till death.
Is your grandmother still at home?

Reactions: VolNExile
It’s so, so hard on the families. Both of our moms refused to live with us (really, we’re not terrible people; they just felt that being in a separate place was somehow more independent; read: stubborn Depression-era folks.) But we’ve spent plenty of time with them before they wound up in AL, plus visits afterwards, and it’s brutal and exhausting, and you can never guess right all the time, and you just go home sucked dry and exhausted. On the good days.

VN Store

Back