The Official Boston Celtics Thread

Bamacheats, where them Knick fans at!? You cant handle the "Truth". Paul Pierce with the dagger :)

Congrats! Fun game, lousy ending. Pierce is a HOF player, I hate the fact he plays for Boston, he'd look so much better in a NY jersey.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The Celtics won their 12th straight game last night to improve to 21-4, they have the best record in the East. Right now they have alot of injuries, Rondo is out 2 weeks with a sprained ankle, J. Oneal should start practicing again this weekend, Shaq is still nursing his calf & will be out a few more days, West is out probably another month, & Perkins wont be back to likely Feb.

Celtics beat the Pacers today 99-91 to win their 13th straight game, they improve to 22-4. Shaq was in the starting lineup. The C's will play again on Wed night against the Sixers.

C's beat the Sixers tonight to make it 14 in a row & improve to 23-4. They will play the Magic on Christmas day.

Sucks the C's streak had to end today but I'd rather it end against a good team instead of someone that sucks. Just try & start up another streak.

I'll say this, the Celtics are going to be scary good when they get fully healthy. Right now you could make an argument the Celtics are the best team in the NBA or atleast top 3. Yet they are doing this without their starting PG Rajon Rondo, their true backup PG in Delonte West, & their true C in Kendrick Perkins.

Sucks the C's streak had to end today but I'd rather it end against a good team instead of someone that sucks. Just try & start up another streak.

I'll say this, the Celtics are going to be scary good when they get fully healthy. Right now you could make an argument the Celtics are the best team in the NBA or atleast top 3. Yet they are doing this without their starting PG Rajon Rondo, their true backup PG in Delonte West, & their true C in Kendrick Perkins.

As much as I like to celebrate the win over Boston tonight, as of now, Boston would take Orlando in the playoffs. It's the Heat vs Celtics in the East. Orlando has a shot, but it's going to be hard to get past both Miami and Boston. I'm starting to like the trade a bit better, but I don't think Orlando has the defense to get by Boston in 7.

That said, a lot of time left and I really hope I'm wrong.

Since acquiring KG the Boston Celtics are 94-14 Pre-Christmas the past 4 years, thats the best Pre-Christmas record in NBA history.

KG hurt his right knee tonight (same one he hurt in '09), looks to be bad. Season could be over for the C's if KG is done.

It appears he'll be fine..

"I don't think it's bad, so I'm not that concerned,'' added Rivers. "He's going to miss games probably, I don't know how many, but I don't think it will be that long.''

Read more: Celtics' Kevin Garnett injures leg, X-ray shows no bone fracture - NBA - SI.com

I really hope so, they were going to do an MRI on him today. I hope it has nothing to do with his knee. We need a healthy KG if we want a chance at the title. You could tell all last year that KG wasnt the same & this year you could tell he felt alot better.

Rondo returned tonight & dished out 8 assists, the C's beat the Raptors & are no 25-7.

Thank you Danny Ainge for ruining this years C's team by trading Perk!!

Yep. I thought the same thing when they made the trade.

While they got a nice young player, they needed that big body. Perkins is injured a lot but they only needed him for the playoffs. He makes a huge difference when it counts. You can't teach size.

Good win for the Celtics tonight in San Antonio, when Rondo has his jump shot going he is one of the most dangerous PG's in the NBA. I still think it was a mistake trading Perk, he did all the dirty work & was a great defender & rebounder for us. I dont expect this team to do much in the playoffs relying on Shaq & Jermaine at Center.

I already said it once but I'm going to say it again Ainge trading Perk was the worse thing he could have done, he took a rock out of the paint. No Perk did'nt give alot on offense but he was a great rebounder & great defender & he was very physical. Now we are relying on 3 old guys that cant stay healthy & this team has no chemistry now. The past 3 years was a great run, should have won more than 1 Title if everyone would have stayed healthy.

This C's team is tough to watch :cray: they are getting owned on the boards & the defensive intensity just isnt there anymore. Looks like last years run was it for them.

I'll say this, I was wrong about the C's losing to the Knicks. The way the Celtics were playing leading into the playoffs I honestly believed the Knicks could have beaten them if they had been healthy. Although in Game 3 & 4 the Celtics looked like the C's of last year in the playoffs. Rondo was running the team, KG was playing great Defense, Ray Allen was knocking down is jump shots, & Pierce was creating. If they play like that I think they can go to the Finals, but thats the problem can they continue to play like that?

Healthy Billups and Amare then the Knicks do win the series, and I didn't think that before. The Celtics look really old.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'll say this, I was wrong about the C's losing to the Knicks. The way the Celtics were playing leading into the playoffs I honestly believed the Knicks could have beaten them if they had been healthy. Although in Game 3 & 4 the Celtics looked like the C's of last year in the playoffs. Rondo was running the team, KG was playing great Defense, Ray Allen was knocking down is jump shots, & Pierce was creating. If they play like that I think they can go to the Finals, but thats the problem can they continue to play like that?

Perk is still the difference. They didn't need him to get past the no-defense Knicks. The C's will need an inside presence they don't have to get past Miami and/or Chicago.

VN Store

Back