The Official #8 Tennessee vs. Saint Joseph's Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Great Victory. St Joe decided they needed to play really physical and muddy up the game. Well TN can play that game as well. One day our Football team will get there Rick Barnes and we will return back were we belong. In CHRIST Alone
Yeah, this was good preparation. We will see plenty of this throughout the season. That is a common ploy when you are out maned. The theory is that the game gets mucked up and the refs will only call so many fouls.

Reactions: orangejuice
Yeah, this was good preparation. We will see plenty of this throughout the season. That is a common ploy when you are out maned. The theory is that the game gets mucked up and the refs will only call so many fouls.
Its nice to be able to play various styles. Bailey is not wanting to give up his position. Love the confidence he plays with. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: DougAtkins91
It will be interesting to see how well this offense can jell and how many times they will be able to score a hundred points over the course of this season.

Anosike is a beast on the glass.

Bailey has a deadly shot from beyond the arc as does Vescovi.

The Saint Joseph’s coach made the following state to the Philadelphia Inquirer:

“I feel like I heard more whistles than standing in Times Square in New York City,” Lange said. “You got to credit Tennessee. That has nothing to do with the officials. This was as physical and athletic a group that we’ve contended against.”

Lange also said the UT has very few weaknesses, and he thought his team played well.
‘They did have 2-3 players in their rotation out because of Covid-19.

KenPom is no longer projecting any losses in the remaining games. Still projects us at 19-6 overall but each individual game is listed as a win, which seems odd to me. I freely admit to being a poor student of statistics.
I don't see 6 losses this year, not many teams in the SEC with the talent to pull it off I feel. If Fulky stays healthy this bunch might not lose but 1 or 2.

Reactions: StrangeVol
I don't see 6 losses this year, not many teams in the SEC with the talent to pull it off I feel. If Fulky stays healthy this bunch might not lose but 1 or 2.

All comes down to health of team. I wanna see how well we played against SEC teams though.

What I like so far is we’ve not played down to teams, and in 5 games only one team has scored over 60 points

watch a lot of A10 ball and we didnt see the best of him. watched him knife many solid teams
They were playing without their starting point guard and this probably significantly increased his ballhandling responsibilities. He looked a little gassed towards the end but he can play.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArdentVol
You’re probably not aware, but the inaccuracies in the basketball game notes have been chronically riddled with typos. Maybe you’re fine with the UTAD publishing start times off by an hour on game day. I’m not.
Right there with you - I missed the first 16 minutes thinking we started at 7.

Somebody is a little but hurt over CRB not calling off the dogs with 7 minutes left. Not a very astute observer either. That is a lot of time to get back in if a bunch of 3s fall and the refs call way more in favor of SJ. Pressing without fouling reduces the number of possible possessions. Up 27 with 2 minutes left would be a different scenario,

VN Store

Back