The Official #8 Tennessee @ #25 LSU Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
What game are you watching? He dropped a pass 15 yards down field, wide open as can be. The end of the Florida game it’s 4th and 3. He runs a 2 yard out to give Florida the stop. Constant drops, never had any production. There’s a reason why he’s played linebacker, tight end, rb etc. we cannot figure out where he belongs on the field

You mean the one thrown well behind him? Have you played TE or WR? All your momentum going the opposite way. That was a poor throw that elite pass catchers struggle to make.

We are also talking about LSU game, not FL. He’s made some plays today.

We can agree to disagree I suppose. For today he’s done fine.

Can't has had some drops this season. There has to be someone with better hands to put in on passing downs. To me, he didn't have to jump like he did on that throw. He has to keep his momentum going forward. I know the throw was at his face/back shoulder, but that's one he has to do everything in his power to just make the catch. It's likely 7 on that drive of he catches it.
Where has Jacob Warren been ? Feels like forever since I’ve seen him play

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Against who? That's all you have to ask yourself.
We can absolutely lose if the offense goes cold. If Hooker is compromised we can lose this game. Teams can score fast vs this secondary. lsu has thrown up at least one that should’ve been intercepted. We’ve had several more that the safeties should’ve hit the wr as the ball did. One kid ducked his head and completely missed the wr. Pathetic.

Reactions: GoVols64
Kelley just said we’re being out coached. I disagree, I think we’re being out coached until our last possession. Hooker blew a chance for 6
His decision making has directly led to at least a 13 point swing. He passed on the first FG (-3), went for and didn’t make it on 4th down at midfield and we get a touchdown on the following play (-7), then the last play he passes on punting and we get a FG because of it (-3). That is the definition of being out coached.

LSU will adjust in the 2H. Expect to see them take some shots and go back to the slant heavy passing attack. Going to have to pressure them and get to Daniels early and often. We’ve taken away their run game, so that’s what’s left. Dline can help offset our weak secondary to some degree.

Hooker needs to settle down and Heupel needs to get back to what got us this far. Some of the offensive calls have been either head scratching or poorly executed (especially after Hooker took that hit).

But to be leading 23-7 at the half is a bit of a surprise and a good one at that.

Reactions: tbh
We need LB’s and DB’s. Front 4 with reserve 4 are more than adequate. LB’s and DB’s are pretty bad as a group. Could be coaching because none of the back 8 is playing well. They are all out of position. Hopefully we can quit kicking field goals and get a few touchdowns in second have. Field goals get you beat when you have a defensive that is as venerable as ours.

Hooker was a little high on the Hyatt throw but the throw to Fant should have absolutely been caught. That would have given us at least a shot or 2 at the end zone.

That’s not an easy catch when you’re running full speed and the ball is behind you. Hooker has done that quite a bit on passes across the middle. When guys are that wide open you don’t have to put any zip on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back