The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. #3 [1] Purdue Game Thread, 2:20 PM ET, ESPN

Shrink Edey down to 6'-11" and he's average at best. 98% of his shots, not from the FT line, are less than 2 feet from the basket. Everyone else (Knecht) has to be good from the entire rest of the entire court.

Hopefully Aidoo takes this performance personally and hits the weight room
It’s mental w him. I truly wonder about his psyche. Edey is 7’4 and 300 pounds. But Awaka is 6’8 and gave it his all. Estrella is a 18-19 yr old freshman who gave his all. Aidoo’s body language was atrocious while his play was lackadaisical .

Great season to the guys. WAS THE MOST FUN I'VE HAD IN A LONG TIME.

I'm pissed, but hey, it is what it is, Purdue will suck again for a while after this, so they better enjoy it.

Hate to see guys like Knecht, Santi, and JJJ leave, but next year our leaders will be ZZ, Shack, and Aidoo. We return a ton of guys in Gainey, Awaka, etc. Guys like Carr and Estrella got MEANINGFUL minutes in this tournament, yes it may have been minimal for Carr, but those shots he hit will carry him a long way in confidence. Estrella should go into next season thinking he can beat anyone down low after the showing against Ogre today. We will be back next year.

Dalton Knecht....thank you for the greatest season I've seen from a VOL. Definitely going to follow his career wherever he ends up.

Just tired of the media shoving Edey down our throat and trying to convince us he is anything other than tall. I think he made 1 shot that was more than 2 feet from the basket. Media acting like the world is rooting for Purdue, NO ONE IS.
If he is called for a few push off fouls then he has to change his game up as well….its all a joke

Reactions: Frank Duncan
Not really. He's your best center. You give up a little on defense but you gain (at least theoretically) on offense.

When he showed that he had no interest in playing offense, Barnes correctly sat his ass on the bench.
Theoretically only. Aido doinked so many short two pointers off the rim this season you could fill up a dump truck with those basketballs.

Not at all happy with the foul disparity. They got 22 more FT attempts than we did.

But cold spells from key guys and rebounding cost us the game.
Cold spells hurt, but you completely change the game when you can’t guard the guy at all that’s scoring for Purdue. Not to mention, when he never gets called for walks, travels, or any foul whatsoever.

Reactions: Frank Duncan
Damn. That was a tough game. I have no hard feelings against Purdue, they are a beast of a team this season. I don't think we could have done much better. Very proud of our bois and coach, and this was a great season no matter how you split it.

Purdue on an even playing field isn’t a beast of a team. They’re really good, but they’re made immensely better because of how Edey is officiated.

VN Store

Back