The Official #5 Tennessee @ Missouri Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Playing on the road is incredibly difficult and some posters still refuse to believe that.

Mind boggling.

I don’t disagree, but I also think it’s only real to acknowledge that Mizzou wasn’t exactly a hostile environment. The crowd did get into it when things were going Mizzou’s way, but it was less than half full.

Still, playing on the road on a short turnaround does present a unique challenge. Glad we survived.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
It wasn’t pretty but we won on a night where we played about as bad as we can possibly play in the first half. Props to DK he stepped up when we had to have it and delivered. Awaka and Aidoo also played well in the second half. A road win is a road win. GBO!

I honestly don’t think it’s been Tobe getting in foul trouble as much he was just making really bad fouls at inopportune times.

Agree with you there. He’s gotta be a little smarter. It’s great to be aggressive, but there’s a fine line between aggressive and silly.

Reactions: TNVOLFN
I don’t disagree, but I also think it’s only real to acknowledge that Mizzou wasn’t exactly a hostile environment. The crowd did get into it when things were going Mizzou’s way, but it was less than half full.

Still, playing on the road on a short turnaround does present a unique challenge. Glad we survived.
Looked like UT fans showed up in good numbers too

Reactions: BisonVol
What’s wild about tonight is we probably played well five out of the forty minutes. Just shows how horrific Missouri is. If there’s a coach in the league that deserves a season this bad, it’s Dennis Gates imo.

If it was any other team we probably take an L with Vescovi and James performance.

Reactions: BisonVol
Tennessee better locked in focused and realize can’t just show when ya want to in games. No matter who the competition.
Now, better be a damn fire underneath them Saturday, and TBA better be violently loud.

A road win is a road win but that 1st half video should be titled "How to lose a road game for Dummies". If UM had hit even 30% from the field they would have been down by 20. Whatever ill it is that causes these bad starts on the road they must cure it if they expect to go very far in any tournament. Tobe is starting to look like Wes Unseld out there.

Horrible game. Escaped with a win. That’s all that matters only if you can leave those performances behind you. But my concerns are that we have those types of performances on the road a little too much for my liking.

Another thing, I absolutely love Barnes and what he’s done for this program. But god he drives me crazy with his game management when the team isn’t playing well. CALL A DANG TIMEOUT AND RIP THEM A NEW ONE. Sorry had to get it out one last time.

See y’all Saturday. A&M will be desperate.

Still this isn’t a team you expect to struggle with on the road. We would have been their first conference win at home.

That terrible first half kept them in the game much longer than they should have been there. Defense was great that half and we weren’t getting whistled every play in the paint.
I really think after last years games Mizzou really believed in theirselves that they could win and it showed the first half and half of the second half. Even when they were in foul trouble. Tennessee looked as if they thought with Mizzou’s record that it would be a cake walk and came out sluggish. That’s my opinion.

As soon as their seven footer got his fifth foul at about the ten minute mark or so- this game really turned - and quickly. Thanks to DK and everyone else getting their heads out of their asses.
Great win despite looking like crap for a lot of it. Sometimes you just gotta win ugly and let your better talent pave the way.
Also I thought it was a nice gesture by the zoos to not foul us any further with about twenty seconds to go. A lot of teams keep fouling at that point (and maybe they should have).
Last thought - the zoos hit a whole pile of low probability threes that normally don’t fall- take some of that away and this game looks a lot differently.

VN Store

Back