The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #5 Duke NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 2:40 PM ET, CBS

Men's Basketball Championship - East Region - 2nd Round

#4 Tennessee Volunteers: 24-10 (11-7 SEC)
FrbM6kYXwAAKAKu

vs.

#5 Duke Blue Devils: 27-8 (14-6 ACC)
FrZBHO7WYAE_gSN

GAME 35 | TENNESSEE vs. DUKE - Saturday, March 18, 2023 | 2:40 p.m. ET | Orlando, Fla. | Amway Center (20,000)

Line: UT +3
O/U: 128

TV: CBS / Watch
Radio: Vol Network / Listen / Live Stats
Satellite Radio: SiriusXM: 202 / Internet: 965
Online: March Madness Live App

Duke Game Notes

FrZO9YPXwAQdCi4
Congrats to this team and Rick Barnes. They defied the world's expectations for then after losing ZZ and perhaps even before them. This next game is a chance to redeem themselves for the Loyola loss lol

Last edited:
This article is BS. Plasvic did not throw Filipowski to the ground and cause a cut on his cheek. I stopped reading after that. That, and it makes us sound like a bunch of bruts in the opening paragraph.
With the exception of that eye cut which was a play on the ball, most of the fouls were fakey floppy things by Duke drama queens.

Reactions: gainesvol82
We were aggressive but some of these folks are trying to make it sound like we played like the Detroit Pistons of the early 90's.

Exactly we didn’t.
That kind of physical play would result in getting a high amount of fouls.

Tennessee played physical successfully, also they played better than Duke by scoring a variety of ways, less turnovers, made more threes, and took advantage by scoring points from the turnovers.

Reactions: cwbytruckers
Had a prior commitment today and didn’t get to watch it live. Will enjoy seeing it tomorrow for sure. I said in another thread that if we got the chance to turn it into a bare knuckle rasslin’ match, we’d have a shot at getting Duke frustrated. Sounds like we did just that.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Amused at some comments this morning by Dan Wolken and Doug Gottlieb. Both struggling to give Tenn any credit. Whining about physical play. Gottlieb said "Not a fan of dirty play". I'm sure Wolken never played ball but I thought Gottlieb did. Guess they don't realize that basketball can be a contact sport and it ain't the ballet.

Amused at some comments this morning by Dan Wolken and Doug Gottlieb. Both struggling to give Tenn any credit. Whining about physical play. Gottlieb said "Not a fan of dirty play". I'm sure Wolken never played ball but I thought Gottlieb did. Guess they don't realize that basketball can be a contact sport and it ain't the ballet.

Anyone that watched the game could see in a coin flip game Tennessee was the better team so it’s embarrassing to not give Tennessee credit.
While Basketball can’t be the equal contact sport as Hockey, the contact will happen.

Like my Blackhawks that defeated the Goliath Bruins 6-3, I was very amazed my fearless Volunteers outplayed a solid Duke team by winning 65-52.
Tennessee lead Duke by 6 at halftime so I was expecting a nail biter with the highest margin for a win is 4.

Santi played out of his mind. I don't know if he even scored in the second half, but the gravity he exerted on offense was critical. He wore the Dookie guards out!

I know he had one dagger 3 late in the shot clock in front of our bench and pretty sure he had 2 FT's. Not his best scoring game while at UT but possibly his best all around game. He dominated Dook in every facet of the game while not playing his natural position. One of my all-time favorite Vols.

F those guys. Duke did a bunch of acting to sell calls and the one play that resulted in any blood was an accident. Those ""dirty" plays by Uros happen on every playground. It's what bigger, stronger guys should do to beanpoles that want to play a finesse game. Duke should recruit differently if they don't want to get beat up. There is a reason the SEC has the most teams remaining.

Huge public favorites like this usually dont work out well.
Its very telling the line hasnt moved more with all the money coming in.

Bet against the trend in these situations and win most of the time has been my experience.

Just like Saturday and Duke being the overwhelming, popular $ pick.

Look at Arkansas and Kansas for additional reference. Those were the only two I locked in on.

VN Store

Back