The Official #3 Tennessee vs. #11 Michigan NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 5:50 PM ET, CBS

This loss was not on Barnes, you could tell from the opening too that there were two players on the court who simply weren’t up to the task athletically and they were Vescovi and Fulkerson. The only change I would have made is benching Fulkerson for Huntley

Vescovi was all over the court making plays. What’re you talking about?

Reactions: walkenvol
If these kids cannot make their buckets I'ma jump off a bridge and end this misery. Why don't they understand what really matters in my life?

This was not just about not being able to hit threes. There were significant stretches of this game that Michigan got any shot they wanted. Also, Michigan was able to run our guards off the three point line all night. Vescovi might have got two good looks the whole game. There is a reason we shot a low percentage. Rick got seriously outcoached in this one too.

The fact Dickinson finished that game with 2 fouls, while we had 6 players with 2 or more tells a lot.

Ultimately Michigan played to their strength at the end and were able to win, hit FTs when they needed to. I hope we see one of our young bigs develop into a legit interior threat.

Complete ********, guy plays like Oscar tschiebwe and should’ve been fouled out.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
good season for a fairly young team... tons of true freshman playing... Fulky the only starter leaving... yep, I really have this gut feeling we may see Chandler one more season. Fingers crossed...

Very young team, especially after Olivier went down.

ZZ, KC, Santi & BJ next year would be an even better group of guards.

Reactions: gomovol and JCP201
I really don’t want to read anything about how we lost because the refs or how the media was against us. Our entire offensive philosophy is being able to hit the threes and we couldn’t hit them to save our lives today. It’s easy to forget that we’ve had a few games this season in which we couldn’t hit threes and we either lost or only scored 40 or 50 points. We need some one who can add something under the basket. Right now we have three guys who are afraid of contact and Uros who is just about as unathletic of a player as you will find.
Uros plays the best game of his career and the hate still flows - unbelievable

Last edited:
On the other side, nearly every shot we missed down the stretch was open.
Yeah, some weren’t in rhythm so they weren’t good shots but some were and we just missed. That shot the Michigan kid hit close to the end told us all we needed to know. Some flipped up running hook goes in but our wide open shot doesn’t. It wasn’t our night. We just seemed slower than normal. Michigan was quick but we were flat footed at times and I’m not used to seeing that. We also didn’t move around as much on offense. When we get like that we can lose to any decent team.

Michigan only had 6 fouls total the 2nd half, but the Team did not respond well, the refs and Barnes did not miss all those threes. Doesnt matter, TN beat KY twice.
So Michigan played disciplined defense to keep it at 6 fouls? It happens. Michigan certainly outplayed TN. in the last 7 minutes. You cannot blame it on refs so why bring up the discrepancy in fouls. It doesn’t matter.

Michigan was preseason Top 10. Selection Committee knew this would be a tremendous hurdle for TN in Big 10 country.F806D48C-168E-40C5-AA1F-DEE4443DC45D.jpeg

Well Volnation, this one hurts. I have the same feeling as I did when football 🏈 Vols los to LSU in SEC title game.
Idk why or shooting was so poor form three and don’t understand why we can’t get over the hump. It seems a team gets hot against us every yr and we go cold.

I feel so bad for the players, coaches and us, the fans. With that said, Michigan made the shots, we didn’t. I enjoyed this season and appreciate being part of the game threads. This one hurts as I thought this was our best team who was peeking at the rt time.

Not even close to that level. I will never be over that loss until we win the SEC again. 24 years and counting.

This was not just about not being able to hit threes. There were significant stretches of this game that Michigan got any shot they wanted. Also, Michigan was able to run our guards off the three point line all night. Vescovi might have got two good looks the whole game. There is a reason we shot a low percentage. Rick got seriously outcoached in this one too.
The 3s were wide open, Vescovi had 3 wide open in the first half and missed two. Zeigler and JJJ had multiple wide open threes also. The 3s weren’t on Barnes

Reactions: Zues1

VN Store

Back