The Official #3 Tennessee vs. #11 Michigan NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 5:50 PM ET, CBS

Michigan was #6 pre season and elite 8 last year, not a typical 11 seed but we did miss some wide open 3's down the stretch. The only problem I have with Coach RB is like in the 2nd half he gets inconsistent with his rotation and our guards looked tired late. Disappointing but GBO.

Were they bad calls or a result of UT making mistakes or being undisciplined? It’s a cop out for fans to always blame the refs when we were 100% responsible for the poor shooting and decision making in the last 7 minutes.

Michigan only had 6 fouls total the 2nd half, but the Team did not respond well, the refs and Barnes did not miss all those threes. Doesnt matter, TN beat KY twice.

Vol fans go home with heads tucked between our legs. Barnes gets out coached by a bully coach….Howard. He goes home a hero after punching another coach six weeks ago. He should have been fired. I hate Michigan. I would have rather lost to St. Mary’s.

Reactions: LVol
I’m happy they didn’t quit in what was shown to be an extremely disappointing I wish I didn’t watch this game defeat.

Tennessee was outplayed by Michigan offensively and defensively in the 2nd half.

Reactions: GoVolunteers
This loss was not on Barnes, you could tell from the opening too that there were two players on the court who simply weren’t up to the task athletically and they were Vescovi and Fulkerson. The only change I would have made is benching Fulkerson for Huntley
The coach definitely does share in it but it’s certainly not all on him by any stretch.

That’s what’s killing me. They got anything they wanted against our supposedly awesome defense. Then their supposedly awful defense dictated what we got except for a few Chandler drives. Without him this would’ve been an epic beating. Like other said, we just got outplayed. I know I’ll look back and appreciate the good wins and SEC tournament win but I expected at least the Sweet 16 and honestly thought we would make the Elite 8. To lose to a mediocre Big 10 team hurts. I believed these guys were different. I was wrong.

On the other side, nearly every shot we missed down the stretch was open.

Reactions: firestorm
This loss is indicative of a team that did not deserve a 2 seed or 1 seed for that matter. See it for what it is. Joe was spot on. Tennessee looks stupid.
You couldn't be more wrong. The seeding is based on the play up to that point. UT b was snubbed. Quit acting so happy about it

Reactions: Voltopia

VN Store

Back