The Official #3 Tennessee vs. #11 Michigan NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 5:50 PM ET, CBS

2-18 from three point range... Pathetic... Pretty simple guys, they made their shots and we freakin didn't..... we looked like our team from January...
This is on the guys, but Dang Barnes, you couldn't figure out the entire game how to get their one big dude in foul trouble?? THAT is poor coaching.... They took out Vescovi the entire game... THAT is good coaching.

The sad thing is that we had great looks. Just seized up down the stretch

Agree. I’m just she’ll shocked. I never thought we’d lose this game. Yes I was concerned but… nobody responded but i asked a question during the 2nd half -“ what is the least amount of made threes this year where we won game?” I can’t recall.

Well Volnation, this one hurts. I have the same feeling as I did when football 🏈 Vols los to LSU in SEC title game.
Idk why or shooting was so poor form three and don’t understand why we can’t get over the hump. It seems a team gets hot against us every yr and we go cold.

I feel so bad for the players, coaches and us, the fans. With that said, Michigan made the shots, we didn’t. I enjoyed this season and appreciate being part of the game threads. This one hurts as I thought this was our best team who was peeking at the rt time.
The reason this one sucked is because their big outplayed both of ours, and their PG scored nearly as much as both of our studs combined (that's not a knock on Chandler who played outstanding but ZZ who didn't show up like he has).
Tenn's top 5 D didn't phase Michigan who had only looked a little tired and then turned it on when Tenn went cold shooting.

Reactions: vol94
If that center isn’t the number 1 pick in the draft? The NBA has lost it’s mine. He can pass, shoot, take the ball off the dribble, he’s 7’1 260. Jesus.

Also hate seeing Howard celebrate.

Reactions: Ernest T. Vol
What would they have done?…lol they had small glimpses of contributing all year…ZZ has proven himself

Maybe been a presence inside where a dude crashed the offensive board multiple times and scored. Their guards aren't what beat us.

Agree. I’m just she’ll shocked. I never thought we’d lose this game. Yes I was concerned but… nobody responded but i asked a question during the 2nd half -“ what is the least amount of made threes this year where we won game?” I can’t recall.

I didn’t like this matchup the minute I saw it. Michigan has Loyola Chicago written all over it

The loss has zero to do with the body of work up to that point. That's stupid

This loss is indicative of a team that did not deserve a 2 seed or 1 seed for that matter. See it for what it is. Joe was spot on. Tennessee looks stupid.

This loss was not on Barnes, you could tell from the opening too that there were two players on the court who simply weren’t up to the task athletically and they were Vescovi and Fulkerson. The only change I would have made is benching Fulkerson for Huntley

Reactions: volfan4lyfe
Not on all of them… but on too many for sure
That’s what’s killing me. They got anything they wanted against our supposedly awesome defense. Then their supposedly awful defense dictated what we got except for a few Chandler drives. Without him this would’ve been an epic beating. Like other said, we just got outplayed. I know I’ll look back and appreciate the good wins and SEC tournament win but I expected at least the Sweet 16 and honestly thought we would make the Elite 8. To lose to a mediocre Big 10 team hurts. I believed these guys were different. I was wrong.

Reactions: EZE

VN Store

Back