The Official #3 Tennessee vs. #11 Michigan NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 5:50 PM ET, CBS

I will have to find something else to fill in my day. This weekend's March Madness watching is probably over for me.

A healthy ON or a mature BHH could have been the difference. The officials allowed the physicality of Michigan determine the outcome.

One guy beat us. Hats off to Michigan.

We couldn’t do anything about him. Also, couldn’t hit shots. Chandler had a rough final 5 mins but he seemed to be one of the only ones making things happen. James disappeared after the first half. Vescovi couldn’t get going. It was a really poor showing at the worst time.

You could see this coming from a mile away when we had such a good shooting game on Thursday. We've not had back to back strong shooting games in a while

Yep, too many liabilities on offense like Fulkerson, Vescovi, and Plavcic even though he played pretty decently tonight.

No 3 pointers going down for us and Michigan is the third richest school in the country. After their last beating they had all the reason in the world to pull this. Absolute trash seeding and match up.

These tournament rims are stiff…anytime one hit the rim it sounded like someone was kicking down a door

Well Volnation, this one hurts. I have the same feeling as I did when football 🏈 Vols los to LSU in SEC title game.
Idk why or shooting was so poor form three and don’t understand why we can’t get over the hump. It seems a team gets hot against us every yr and we go cold.

I feel so bad for the players, coaches and us, the fans. With that said, Michigan made the shots, we didn’t. I enjoyed this season and appreciate being part of the game threads. This one hurts as I thought this was our best team who was peeking at the rt time.

The sad thing is that we had great looks. Just seized up down the stretch

Reactions: vol94
I really don’t want to read anything about how we lost because the refs or how the media was against us. Our entire offensive philosophy is being able to hit the threes and we couldn’t hit them to save our lives today. It’s easy to forget that we’ve had a few games this season in which we couldn’t hit threes and we either lost or only scored 40 or 50 points. We need some one who can add something under the basket. Right now we have three guys who are afraid of contact and Uros who is just about as unathletic of a player as you will find.

Reactions: CJBlaze and vol94
I got blasted a month or so ago for saying these scoring droughts was going to cost this team sooner or later and here we are

The thing was we hadn't really had them with leads in the last part of the game. This time we did. Timing is everything

Several Tennessee fans need to apologize to Joe Lunardi. He was right. We weren’t. In all actuality we were probably over-seeded at No. 3. I’ll eat crow.
You realize how much harder it is statistically to make the Final Four as a 3 seed compared to a 2? Numbers don't lie

VN Store

Back