The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Any opinions on old Swiss K31s? I found one with perfect hardware, not matching numbers, but I would refinish the stock.

The k31 straight pull is a masterpiece. A real work of art.
How much did you pay.
Haven't bought it yet. He's asking $750. Without matching numbers and with pristine receiver, bolt, and trigger, does that seem fair? Like I said, I'll refinish the stock to beauty.

Haven't bought it yet. He's asking $750. Without matching numbers and with pristine receiver, bolt, and trigger, does that seem fair? Like I said, I'll refinish the stock to beauty.
I bought mine a few years back for more than that but it’s all matching numbers including the bayonet. I have not checked prices lately but my first reaction is that’s not too extreme

If the K31 were built today it would be a $5000 rifle easily. It’s absolutely perfect.

Gunbroker has a few.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/944868082

Last edited:
6B3554DB-BD17-422A-B096-427C08365917.jpeg

Nothing special, but I love it. Taurus 942m 22 wmr.

VZ grips, Ameiglo night sight, dessert tan cylinder. I just picked it up last Saturday, and got it the way I wanted this week.

Haven’t had a double action 22 magnum since 20……been wanting another one.

It’s a good out and about on the property little revolver.

12CD5A8E-6D24-4517-B38B-6C36DD6BE339.jpegBE59E924-5EAB-42B1-A8B0-5D0DF2C4AB8E.jpeg3D2751C6-5D5F-47B1-809E-224E4BA5744C.jpegE82A90C8-BE29-41D0-91C6-17A42439B26F.jpeg

Gen 3 build:

Nearly complete, still waiting on the SLR magwell for the Dagger frame, trying to figure out a new trigger solution (although I quite like the stock Dagger trigger), and possibly switching to a gray Dagger frame, maybe with the Zev trigger. Right now (with the stock trigger) it is running flawlessly, shoots well, handles great and I think I like this frame better than any other I’ve tried (only knock for me is I hate the mag cutouts, magwell should eliminate this).

Live Free Armory Slide, with 80’s snow camo cerakote. PSA Dagger frame. I put the Tyrant I.T.T.S. full trigger and bar set up in this; however the geometry is a bit off and causes double fires. I can definitely “fix” this however not sure I want to ever carry a gun where this could “ever” be a problem. I took it out and reinstalled the stock trigger (which I quite like). Still debating on a trigger replacement (possibly the Zev trigger). Zaffiri Precision spiral fruited barrel. Strike Industries slide parts kit. Gen 5 Glock ejector. Steel City sights blackout rear fiber optic front. Tyrant gray slide stop. Tyrant gray backplate. Vickers gray magazine release. Zaffiri Precision stainless guide rod and double captured spring. Vector Optics RMR footprint red dot with shake awake (now have 3 of these…..needless to say my favorite budget optics….huge window). And finished with a Nightstick 550s or a Streamlight tlr-7a. Got both will put the other on a FN 509c T. I really like the Nightstick, love the strobe feature (probably won’t ever need to use it….but I like it) however the controls are VERY sensitive…….you know what you get with the streamlight.

I really like this build, and it’s running amazing. I’m not loving the all black frame….not that it matters…..but I built this with the looks in mind (definitely not for everyone)…..probably going to change out for a gray Dagger frame. While I like the stock trigger, I purchased something different as I had envisioned something different……..wanting to build something “fast.” While I like the stock trigger, and it’s not slow…..it’s not what I’m looking for in this build…….especially when I install a threaded barrel and comp…….looking to go fast, and smooth.

Well it’s in a working state. I really like it, hopefully I get it completed soon. Will post pictures when it all buttoned up.

Pic without the rail light shows the Tyrant trigger. Looked pretty good…..shot extremely fast pretty much binary. Great feeling trigger too, very smooth, short take up, short reset……wish it would have worked…….just not for the Dagger frame without some mods.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Just picked it up from my FFL. This is the one I bought off my friend. I love how quickly Smoky Mountain Guns and Ammo runs a background check. In and out in under 20 minutes. Looking forward to testing it out tomorrow morning.

Glock 19 Gen 3.

1A9E9410-27F1-46D8-BA1E-230576E8D6F8.jpeg

Just picked it up from my FFL. This is the one I bought off my friend. I love how quickly Smoky Mountain Guns and Ammo runs a background check. In and out in under 20 minutes. Looking forward to testing it out tomorrow morning.

Glock 19 Gen 3.

View attachment 490612
Nice gun. My dad loves his. Yeah backgrounds have been really fast lately. Mine was done in like 5 minutes today. I hope I have the same luck with my suppressor.

Nice gun. My dad loves his. Yeah backgrounds have been really fast lately. Mine was done in like 5 minutes today. I hope I have the same luck with my suppressor.

Yeah, I’m curious to see how big this thing is in a holster and with a TLR7a weapon light. If it conceals and shoots well, I’ve now got 3 great appendix carry options with my 365XL and Shield 2.0 as smaller options.

Report back on your experience buying a can. I want to get one for my 10/22, but I’ve got so much going on.

Yeah, I’m curious to see how big this thing is in a holster and with a TLR7a weapon light. If it conceals and shoots well, I’ve now got 3 great appendix carry options with my 365XL and Shield 2.0 as smaller options.

Report back on your experience buying a can. I want to get one for my 10/22, but I’ve got so much going on.
If you are within driving distance to west knox/LC I can help you out.

Reactions: Nerd-Vol
Mine always take about 45 minutes to come back. It was a little quicker with the latest (see above). Only took about 30.

If you’re referring on the buying process for a suppressor, I genuinely could use guidance. That said I’m about 6 months out from having the coin for one.
So, first you need to order or find one in stock (I can help there). In the mean time, register an eForms account with the ATF. Once the can arrives, get prints, photo, and pay the $200 stamp. Most places have you pay for the can (or at least part of it). The info is submitted electronically, then you wait. My shop has recently gotten approvals in as little as 60 days.

Where do you live? I have a couple of good options around town for you.

Reactions: Nerd-Vol
7FDCD311-453A-46F4-B59C-CDA17753B580.jpeg

Finally got my new Glock 19 Gen 3 out to the range. Good shooter, not great. If anything it makes me even more impressed with the P365XL. It feels more similar to the Glock than I was expecting.

I’ll get some more trigger time with the Glock, but I think it will work well as a winter carry gun. Especially if I bump up to a 17 round mag.

I can see why it’s the choice of law enforcement agencies though. It feels extremely rugged and robust. The Sig feels like a more expensive but more delicate product.

My carry situation will be:

Winter carry - G19
Most of the time carry - 365XL
Lightweight carry - Shield 2.0
Running carry - LCP Max

View attachment 494314

Finally got my new Glock 19 Gen 3 out to the range. Good shooter, not great. If anything it makes me even more impressed with the P365XL. It feels more similar to the Glock than I was expecting.

I’ll get some more trigger time with the Glock, but I think it will work well as a winter carry gun. Especially if I bump up to a 17 round mag.

I can see why it’s the choice of law enforcement agencies though. It feels extremely rugged and robust. The Sig feels like a more expensive but more delicate product.

My carry situation will be:

Winter carry - G19
Most of the time carry - 365XL
Lightweight carry - Shield 2.0
Running carry - LCP Max

What’s your choice for shower gun?

VN Store

Back