The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

I had an impulse purchase of my own today
If memory serves you have one of these
View attachment 402792
I did, before the unfortunate loss on the water. Same brace, too. I upgraded the charging handle and mag release to more ergonomic ones. Holosun holographic/solar optic.

Have you shot it yet? Any problem with the mags?

Reactions: txbo
I did, before the unfortunate loss on the water. Same brace, too. I upgraded the charging handle and mag release to more ergonomic ones. Holosun holographic/solar optic.

Have you shot it yet? Any problem with the mags?
Just got it and leave tomorrow for a long weekend with the red women. We’ve been married 30 years on the 18th. So the earliest I get to play with it is next Thursday. ☹️

My cousin just got an x95 tavor. anybody have one? It’s funky looking but after his first trip to the range he really likes it. I’ll shoot it next weekend.

My cousin just got an x95 tavor. anybody have one? It’s funky looking but after his first trip to the range he really likes it. I’ll shoot it next weekend.

Kinda always been on my bucket list of expensive rifles I'd like to own.

Put a mag through an original Tavor some years ago. I really liked it though that bullpup would take getting used to if you shoot hand over like some do.

SKS restoration update:

All cosmoline removed (that stuff is a biznatch!)

Metal cleaned thoroughly, small areas of rust removed with Flitz and a Dremel buff

Wood steamed, sanded, and first coat of ebony stain

After 2-3 coats, when I reach my desired color, what would y'all suggest I finish it with? Matte poly?

Can you use those on top of oil stain, though?
Yes it's a penetrating oil. Allow the stock to dry well though before applying. I'd give it a wipe down with a cloth first to pick up any stain that didn't go into the wood, then use tung or linseed. Tung gives a harder finish, you can knock it down with 0000 steel wool if you think it's too glossy. Either way you're not going to mess that stock up.

Yes it's a penetrating oil. Allow the stock to dry well though before applying. I'd give it a wipe down with a cloth first to pick up any stain that didn't go into the wood, then use tung or linseed. Tung gives a harder finish, you can knock it down with 0000 steel wool if you think it's too glossy. Either way you're not going to mess that stock up.
Awesome, thanks for the help y'all!

Side note: I'm really enjoying this project. Actually quite relaxing after craziness at work. I'm already thinking about my next one...

Reactions: C1500

VN Store

Back