The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

The next time a gun grabber tells you the second amendment is obsolete because it was written with muskets in mind, tell them the first amendment was written with feather quills in mind and to therefore hand over their phone.
I don't think the thought process runs that deep with some. My 20ish niece and nephew believe that people should go to jail for hate speech and their definition of hate speech grows exponentially from one month to the next, which is generally how often I see them. They did not grow up in a radical household but they are 100% bought into the idea that racial injustice and environmental degradation are the two biggest threats to the US in particular and mankind in general. These are privileged white kids who grew up in Franklin.

I don't think the thought process runs that deep with some. My 20ish niece and nephew believe that people should go to jail for hate speech and their definition of hate speech grows exponentially from one month to the next, which is generally how often I see them. They did not grow up in a radical household but they are 100% bought into the idea that racial injustice and environmental degradation are the two biggest threats to the US in particular and mankind in general. These are privileged white kids who grew up in Franklin.
Class privilege is a real problem

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I know.....I think schools, which used to teach HOW to think, now teach WHAT to think.
Regarding the whole “climate change and/or white supremacy being the greatest threat” trope (Prez Joe can’t seem to decide between the two), more total disregard of basic critical thing skills. The fact that our biggest geopolitical rival appears to have recently engineered a virus that escaped the lab and killed over half a million Americans would seem to me to be a bigger threat that any social cause. But what do I know? 🙄

Reactions: tbh
nobody cares if you own a gun in America and nobody is taking that right (i'm not). the problem is dirrecting gun responsibility to anti gun laws is making irresponsible gun owners responsible. meaning there are a **** tone of irresponsible gun owners. stop doing stupid **** and you won't have a problem.

nobody cares if you own a gun in America and nobody is taking that right (i'm not). the problem is dirrecting gun responsibility to anti gun laws is making irresponsible gun owners responsible. meaning there are a **** tone of irresponsible gun owners. stop doing stupid **** and you won't have a problem.
I think there's a thread in the politics forum for ya bud

How much that run ya?
$2032 for everything I had done. All new internals, barrel throated, a couple of fitted extractors and firing pin retaining plates as well as 2 new fitted slide stops, lowered and flared ejection port, new sights and the black nitrate finish. Turnaround time was just under 9 months.
edit: forgot the new thumb safety and French border on the slide.

Last edited:
Excellent!
I wussed out and consigned my braced pistol last month. I figured it was going to be more hassle to keep it around than whatever enjoyment I might get from mag dumps at the range. Looking at the proposed ATF sbr checklist, I'm glad I did. Money burnt a hole straight through my pocket when I saw that green finish.

Reactions: DEFENDTHISHOUSE
I wussed out and consigned my braced pistol last month. I figured it was going to be more hassle to keep it around than whatever enjoyment I might get from mag dumps at the range. Looking at the proposed ATF sbr checklist, I'm glad I did. Money burnt a hole straight through my pocket when I saw that green finish.
Quite a nice choice. I wouldn’t study the ATF too much. Acquire the things that give you joy. Joy is a rare thing these days. Enjoy.

That's cool. I really wish the one I had fit correctly.

I saw one at a local pawn shop owned by a friend. Not my thing, but still cool.

I'm not one to get all excited about the "graphics" on a weapon. I get it, but again just not my thing. I prefer to spend my time, and money, making it more accurate, reliable, and lethal. I didn't buy the gun to win a beauty contest.

But I really enjoy seeing some of the guns that get posted here. Keep it up. Maybe one of these days I'll join the crowd.

Y'all keep safe out there, 'ya hear?

Oh...my "dream machine" is a Tommy Gun. Stick mag; wood stock and fore grip. What I wouldn't give to send 30 or so rounds of 230 grain good old American Firepower down range. If I'm ever gonna get caught "giggling", that'll be the moment.

:cool:

51A75050-E5BE-4CC6-9EA2-4BB205303FEE.jpeg977B62FE-B7DA-4014-9CC1-F7630E3B1CD5.jpeg

I’ve always had a thing for ww2 planes. Always loved the old warhawk’s. As such I have always wanted to do maybe a 1911 in that style......just never did.

When this came in it looked like the perfect candidate. So I had my daughter in law do it up for me.....didn’t cost me anything except a supper at our house.

Nothing amazing......but kind of neat for someone who is into those things.

Oh...my "dream machine" is a Tommy Gun. Stick mag; wood stock and fore grip. What I wouldn't give to send 30 or so rounds of 230 grain good old American Firepower down range. If I'm ever gonna get caught "giggling", that'll be the moment.

:cool:

Had an Auto Ordnance Tommy gun back in the 90’s.

Really neat gun to have and to shoot. Mine was extremely reliable.

Not real practical......but pretty cool. Sold it around 99 to 01.....too bad as they are worth quite a bit more now days.

Reactions: GreyWolf1129

VN Store

Back