The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

I came to the realization today that my knife game could use improvement. I have a feeling you guys might be able to help...

Give me a recommendation for a fixed blade and a folding blade. Lightly looking today has me in the neighborhood of the Ontario Ranger RAK and Benchmade Griptillian or Adamas.

TIA.

I came to the realization today that my knife game could use improvement. I have a feeling you guys might be able to help...

Give me a recommendation for a fixed blade and a folding blade. Lightly looking today has me in the neighborhood of the Ontario Ranger RAK and Benchmade Griptillian or Adamas.

TIA.
Not sure what your looking for but a good cheap fixed blade to look into is Morakniv. Made in Sweden they can be found on eBay for around $15 give or take.

20210426_232358.jpg

20210426_232346.jpg

I’m going thermal on my backup 11.5” upper. Recommendations? Right now I’m leaning towards ATN.

Trooper (GSP SWAT) saw my primary this past Saturday. “Beautiful gun. What’re you gonna do after dark?”

Can’t afford a PVS-14, so...

Last edited:
Anyone have opinions about lever action pistol caliber carbines? I started looking at Henry's after they added the side loading gate, came close to buying but then figured I should look around and now I'm thinking a Japan-made Winchester might be the ticket. About the only thing I've seen online that sounds like a possible negative on the Winchester's is the feed ramps use an original design spec for back when cases were tapered and they can be finicky. This would be .357/.38, and I'd like to get something that will cycle both rounds.

Anyone have opinions about lever action pistol caliber carbines? I started looking at Henry's after they added the side loading gate, came close to buying but then figured I should look around and now I'm thinking a Japan-made Winchester might be the ticket. About the only thing I've seen online that sounds like a possible negative on the Winchester's is the feed ramps use an original design spec for back when cases were tapered and they can be finicky. This would be .357/.38, and I'd like to get something that will cycle both rounds.
My 1873 Winchester has been flawless. It’s in 44-40. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the Japanese winchesters. Have a look at Cimarron firearms too.

I've been generally pleased with my Marlin 1894 in .44mag, and it looks like they have a .357/.38 flavor as well (1894C and 1894CB). The only complaint I have is it can be finicky if the lever cycle is short-stroked (cue laugh track), but that's likely user error on my part since it was my first lever-action rifle. All in all, it seems to eat whatever ammo I've thrown at it, although I avoid cast rounds as I've heard the micro-groove rifling doesn't like the cast stuff. I've also been pleased from an accuracy standpoint.

I’m going thermal on my backup 11.5” upper. Recommendations? Right now I’m leaning towards ATN.

Trooper (GSP SWAT) saw my primary this past Saturday. “Beautiful gun. What’re you gonna do after dark?”

Can’t afford a PVS-14, so...
Unless you're doing night raids and in an overwatch position, thermal isn't necessary. But you do you.

Unless you're doing night raids and in an overwatch position, thermal isn't necessary. But you do you.

Yeah, I went with a PVS-7. Both of my Aimpoints are NV capable, so the PVS gives me “scan” capability, and will work with whatever I have in my hands. Like you said, for HD and/or anything inside 100 yds, having a does a lot well NVG beats a does one thing really well thermal scope.

My main goal was to be night capable. This will fit the bill.

Yeah, I went with a PVS-7. Both of my Aimpoints are NV capable, so the PVS gives me “scan” capability, and will work with whatever I have in my hands. Like you said, for HD and/or anything inside 100 yds, having a does a lot well NVG beats a does one thing really well thermal scope.

My main goal was to be night capable. This will fit the bill.
I plan on going with the 14 or something similar

NVG with infrared laser

TIA.

For a "pocket knife" I really like my Kershaw, open assist (push lightly on the tab located near the pivot point) and the blade springs open and locks. it has a chisel blade and side clip to hold in you pocket. Very sharp and easy to re edge. Around $50

For a "pocket knife" I really like my Kershaw, open assist (push lightly on the tab located near the pivot point) and the blade springs open and locks. it has a chisel blade and side clip to hold in you pocket. Very sharp and easy to re edge. Around $50

Kershaws have been my go-to for a while now as well...they're a great bang for the buck IMHO. I did pick up a Real Steel "Sea Eagle" a few months back and I've been pleased with it as well. Great fit/finish, no spring assist but it opens smoothly to the point one can open it with a little pressure on the tab and a flick of the wrist.

20210503_182357.jpg
Nice knife for the money. Thanks for the advice

Not sure what your looking for but a good cheap fixed blade to look into is Morakniv. Made in Sweden they can be found on eBay for around $15 give or take.

View attachment 364579

View attachment 364580
I own a couple of those. Very good knives. You can get them in either stainless for corrosion resistance or carbon for strength. I don't this you can get a better knife for the money. Only downside is the lesser priced ones are not full tang.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol

VN Store

Back