The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

If that rifle was made today it would literally be $5000-$7000. The bolt is an absolute work of art. Excellent pick up, sir.

Take the buttplate off and there’s likely a card underneath with the name of the citizen soldier who was issued that rifle. Also it looks like you scored the rarer walnut stock. They’re usually beech.
Vektor Neidhart.
In 1941

Thanks so much for the information

Picked up a 1938 Swiss K31 straight pull with all matching numbers including bayonet. 720 rounds of ammo. View attachment 361476

I remember seeing those in Shotgun News for like $149 and it came with the sling and a battle pack of ammo.

Same ad had Mosin-Nagant "hand picked" rifles for $79 and "regular grade" for $59.

Shotgun News......wow that has been a minute.

I had to pick up one of those every time I went to Kroger.

Me and the Wife are going shopping in and around Knox soon for things that go boom. I'm looking for shop recommendation. I don't know much about the area. We love Crossroads, Knox tact, and Harvey's pawn. Just thought I'd see where other people go.

Me and the Wife are going shopping in and around Knox soon for things that go boom. I'm looking for shop recommendation. I don't know much about the area. We love Crossroads, Knox tact, and Harvey's pawn. Just thought I'd see where other people go.
Highly, HIGHLY recommend Tennessee Silencer in Seymour.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Hey ! Bought a Savage Axis II XP in 6.5 Creedmoor and started getting light primer strikes. Anyone had a similar issue or is it back to the factory? Can I get away with just sending the bolt or are they going to need the whole rifle?

So still needed a LR capable rifle after getting rid of the Ruger Precision.

Decided to go with the Armalite AR-10 TAC 18

AR10TAC18.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: BennesseeVols
Hey ! Bought a Savage Axis II XP in 6.5 Creedmoor and started getting light primer strikes. Anyone had a similar issue or is it back to the factory? Can I get away with just sending the bolt or are they going to need the whole rifle?
That's a common problem with that rifle. It usually requires an adjustment to the firing pin protrusion depth. You can send it to them for repair or just pay a gunsmith a few bucks and get your rifle back in a day or two.

Reactions: 81Bubbavol
I saw aluminum case .45 acp for 49.95 a box of 50, presumably FMJ, at Bass Pro today. I think I have a box of aluminum case .357 that someone gave me several years ago. I did not know they even make aluminum case for rimless ammo.

If you are ever in the Maryville area Bill's outpost is a good shop. Decent prices and good selection. I've recently purchased two Glocks and an AR from them.

VN Store

Back