The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Hey guys I'd like to start the clock on a suppressor for a 300BLK AR pistol. I hear the Silencerco Omega works well with that and will handle 5.56 & 7.62 as well. It'll be my first can so I'm guessing I'll need a trust. Any advice other than a large dose of patience?
Look at black aces tactical if you want to save some coin. They have quality 30 cal suppressors for under 200 bucks, but they are all steel and heavy. If you're looking at higher end stuff look at dead air silencers, better than silencerco imo. Definitely start a trust.

Reactions: 81Bubbavol
How often do you folks unload, rotate magazines? I've never thought about this often but lately I've been thinking about conserving storage space by storing all my mags loaded. Some might not see action for years. Internet advice is all over the map about whether or not you'll reduce spring tension and, if so, how long it will take.
Cycling the spring wears it out. Storing it loaded will have no effect

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
How often do you folks unload, rotate magazines? I've never thought about this often but lately I've been thinking about conserving storage space by storing all my mags loaded. Some might not see action for years. Internet advice is all over the map about whether or not you'll reduce spring tension and, if so, how long it will take.
Cycling the spring wears it out. Storing it loaded will have no effect
The Army buys the cheapest mags and they are used and abused. I've rarely had an issue unless there's damage to the actual mag (dent that would not allow free travel). 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of people won't ever treat mags that bad. They'll be fine.

So...picked up the Colt 6933 Monday morning. She is home, cleaned, oiled, outfitted, and awaiting "zero day" this Saturday. Once zero'ed, I will qualify with it next week so that I can carry it as my new duty rifle.

Here's where we ended up with the upgrades:
- Colt 6933.
- Geissele e-SSA trigger.
- Hogue grip.
- Raptor charging handle.
- Sopmod Bravo B5 stock.
- Aimpoint PRO optic.
- Magpul BUS (rear).
- TLR-1 HL light.
- KVP linear comp.
- Magpul MS-1 sling.

Default ammo is TAP 75 SBR (I have 900 rounds in hand), with the Federal 62 TBBC (butt-ton) as the backup.

Magpul Gen 2 and 3, 30-rounders.

Where them Zombies at?

I rotate my loaded mags (pistol and rifle) every 6 months. Just what I do.
I rotate mine as well. I keep most loaded and use the ones that have been loaded the longest first. It's always good to check gear for functionality. I have read that some of the polymer ar mags are prone to having the feed lips spread if left loaded for long periods. I've never had a problem with mine though.

Well, was gonna ask for a can for my birthday and by the time it got out of jail I'd have the money for the 300 BLK pistol put it on, BUT the love of my life said she didn't want to buy me something that wouldn't shoot and would rather buy me a gun. God I love that woman. Now, can anyone tell me where to buy a great AR within 1,000 miles of Chattanooga? 😊 I guess there are worse problems to have. Looking for a top line 556 rifle like a DDM4, Recce, etc. Doesn't have to be new but as it will be my first I'm not looking for a reclamation project. Been scoping out Gun Broker, Sportsman's Warehouse, etc. Stopped by Bass Pro today and they said they get one or two a week and they last about a day. Had one Black Rain in stock and that was it. Oh well, like guitars I usually enjoy the hunt more than the purchase. Too bad all the gun stores don't let you try them out like the guitar stores do.

Well, was gonna ask for a can for my birthday and by the time it got out of jail I'd have the money for the 300 BLK pistol put it on, BUT the love of my life said she didn't want to buy me something that wouldn't shoot and would rather buy me a gun. God I love that woman. Now, can anyone tell me where to buy a great AR within 1,000 miles of Chattanooga? 😊 I guess there are worse problems to have. Looking for a top line 556 rifle like a DDM4, Recce, etc. Doesn't have to be new but as it will be my first I'm not looking for a reclamation project. Been scoping out Gun Broker, Sportsman's Warehouse, etc. Stopped by Bass Pro today and they said they get one or two a week and they last about a day. Had one Black Rain in stock and that was it. Oh well, like guitars I usually enjoy the hunt more than the purchase. Too bad all the gun stores don't let you try them out like the guitar stores do.
GTs on Roseville Blvd.
they have a plethora

I went by Guitar Center in Nashville to buy some uke picks a few weeks a go. They were keeping the front doors open for airflow and therefore, customers were not permitted in the humidity controlled areas where the better acoustic instruments are kept. Franklin Gun Shop at I65/HWY 96 exit will have some premium ARs but everything in there going to be over retail pricing due to scarcity. I guess the choices are buy sight unseen online and hope for the best, keep showing up at the same stores every week hoping to hit the jackpot, pay above retail, or hope the gun laws don't change significantly after he next election and maybe things will be better next year.

turnerarmco.com

I went by Guitar Center in Nashville to buy some uke picks a few weeks a go. They were keeping the front doors open for airflow and therefore, customers were not permitted in the humidity controlled areas where the better acoustic instruments are kept. Franklin Gun Shop at I65/HWY 96 exit will have some premium ARs but everything in there going to be over retail pricing due to scarcity. I guess the choices are buy sight unseen online and hope for the best, keep showing up at the same stores every week hoping to hit the jackpot, pay above retail, or hope the gun laws don't change significantly after he next election and maybe things will be better next year.
There stuff is always priced over retail regardless of scarcity

these guys usually have a good supply in stock....high end stuff especially

Cleveland Shooting Sports, formerly known as V.O.W. Guns, Cleveland, TN

So...picked up the Colt 6933 Monday morning. She is home, cleaned, oiled, outfitted, and awaiting "zero day" this Saturday. Once zero'ed, I will qualify with it next week so that I can carry it as my new duty rifle.

Here's where we ended up with the upgrades:
- Colt 6933.
- Geissele e-SSA trigger.
- Hogue grip.
- Raptor charging handle.
- Sopmod Bravo B5 stock.
- Aimpoint PRO optic.
- Magpul BUS (rear).
- TLR-1 HL light.
- KVP linear comp.
- Magpul MS-1 sling.

Default ammo is TAP 75 SBR (I have 900 rounds in hand), with the Federal 62 TBBC (butt-ton) as the backup.

Magpul Gen 2 and 3, 30-rounders.

Where them Zombies at?

GV would be proud

SCORE! 870 Police acquired. I also made a little impulse purchase on a P365XL.

Talk to me about lights. I don't really feel like dropping nearly as much on the Surefire forend as I did on the gun.

i like the NITECORE lights....The MH12 mounts nicely on a pic rail

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Just got back from "Zero Day" with the 6933, and figured I'd update...

Default round is TAP 75 SBR. I was able to zero both the Aimpoint and the BUS within 40 rounds. I use a 50/200 or "MPBR" zero, and it went much quicker than I expected.

There was no observable flash from the TAP 75 round. After that, I checked my "offset" with the Federal 62 TBBC and IMI 55 FMJ's. The 62 TBBC POI is very close to what the TAP 75 does, and the IMI 55 FMJ flies about 1/2 a MOA higher at 50 yards. But...the IMI 55 produces a muzzle flash that...even in broad, hot Georgia daylight...has to be seen to be appreciated. The retired trooper who owns the property where I shoot said it had to be 4 feet long. I do know that it "blanked out" the Aimpoint when I fired.

Given that you have to make a few upgrades to a Colt to get the most out of it (mine are listed above in #8407), this may be the sweetest shooting AR I've ever fired. I'm extremely pleased with the balance, and how it shoots. This is going to be a very good duty / HD weapon if I ever need to use it for that purpose. The Geissele e-SSA trigger has a short, crisp reset, and accurate follow-up shots are very easy to make.

Since my main goal was to get the gun zero'd, and it was hot as hell by 1000, I didn't run any engagement drills. But just based on what I saw today, this will be a very effective CQB weapon, and will easily engage targets out to 100 yards. Since the gun really isn't even "shot in" yet, I'm interested to see what it does once I've fired 500 rounds through it. I have no doubt that, in my case, the capabilities of the gun far exceed the capabilities of the shooter. This gun is a confidence-builder. Money well spent.

I know there are better, or cheaper, or maybe both options out there, but for me (being a Colt fanboy and all that), this was the best move I've ever made on an AR platform.

Go Vols.

Well guys I’m shocked. Wandered over to SGAmmo and they have a grand total of 2,000 rounds of Privi 556 ammo. And that’s ALL the 556. Nothing else. And no 300 BLK at all. Have any of you guys seen it this bad?

VN Store

Back