The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Complete PA-15 Firearms | USA Made | Palmetto State Armory

Specifically shootable out of the box ($499) but needs ammo and mags:

PSA 16" M4 5.56 NATO 1/7 Nitride MOE EPT Freedom Rifle With Rear MBUS - 516446600

Or fun adaptable toy that needs some additions ($469):

PSA 16" M4 Carbine 5.56 NATO 1:7 Lightweight M-Lok Classic Rifle

With ($38 and $27):

Magpul MBUS Rear Sight - Black MAG248-BLK

Magpul MBUS Front Sight - Black MAG247-BLK

And five of these ($50 or so):

Magpul PMAG 30 AR-15/M4 GEN M3 5.56 NATO Magazine - Black MAG557-BLK

or

D&H 5.56 30rd Aluminum Magazine

One of these ($170):

Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot with Push Buttons and up to 50K-Hour Battery Life MD-ADS

And this ($30):

Primary Arms Lower 1/3 Cowitness Micro Dot Riser LHM-2L13

This ($180 including shipping which is painfully fast):

500 round case - 5.56mm 55 Grain FMJ M193 IMI Ammo Made by Israel Military Industries | SGAmmo.com

$969 before shipping and whatnot from Palmetto and Primary Arms. So, maybe a hair over your $1000 mark with an FFL transfer and shipping costs from the other two.
Thanks @Grand Vol this looks awesome. My budget can be higher but I wanted a cutoff point and it being the first one in my collection. Again, this is alot different than my shotguns (my two Brownings are my babies), rifles, and different pistols that I have. No idea about them besides reading this thread. Anything more than a regular background check when buying this type?

Thanks @Grand Vol this looks awesome. My budget can be higher but I wanted a cutoff point and it being the first one in my collection. Again, this is alot different than my shotguns (my two Brownings are my babies), rifles, and different pistols that I have. No idea about them besides reading this thread. Anything more than a regular background check when buying this type?

Nope. And standby for more money being spent...

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
Pure toy and just to add to my collection. Not up on them at all though.

So, basically, you're saying "Holy Cow, GV, what are you thinking?!" with my detailed complete rifle post.

If the overall cost is cringe-worthy, I'd recommend the M-LOK rifle with the iron sights to start out. $584 for a complete rifle with iron sights and five mags. Over $600 with FFL transfer since it's free shipping at the moment. Depending on your locale, you can find a decent FFL that won't cost you an arm and a leg. Many local gun shops do such a thing for a nominal fee. Or you can check out local FFL dealers here:

FFL Finder: Find an FFL Dealer In Your Area at GunBroker.com | GunBroker.com

The red dot I specified adds $200-ish to the overall price and I wholeheartedly endorse Primary Arms since their customer service is outstanding. If it breaks or has a manufacturing defect, they replace it free of charge and without question. It's not "necessary" but it certainly adds a highly useful component to the rifle.

The ammo can be purchased locally, but I've found SGAmmo to be the absolute best prices in the business as well as the fastest shipping. I think my personal record was ordering and 45 minutes later getting a shipping notification. Sam and his bunch are great to deal with.

Eventually, you're going to want to change out that grip and stock. That's a personal preference, but I can help with that as well. In truth, I'd go to your local gun shop and handle rifles with different grips, stocks and whatnot before buying. A lot of rifles are being shipped with Magpul grips and stocks, so it's easy to pick out "this works for me" rather than trial and error as some have done (this guy is guilty). I prefer the slimmer grip design myself, but it's not for everyone. Grips can easily be replaced by you so long as you follow the directions exactly.

And replace that hated slotted screw with a hex head when you do...available at Brownells when they come back into stock. I despise slotted screws on an AR...anyway.

Stocks are easy to replace. I highly endorse the B5 Systems SOPMOD Bravo ( @GreyWolf1129 can attest) when they are in stock (most places are out at the moment). Otherwise, Magpul and Bravo Company make great stocks depending on your use. Likely the easiest upgrade you can do as it's take one off, slip new one one. Done.

For the weekend plinker, I wouldn't worry much about the buffer and spring starting out, but an H buffer is recommended over the long haul. I'd dare say the one that comes with the rifle is not an H buffer. You'll eventually want to upgrade to an H or H2 depending on what ammo you're using. I'd also pick up a Springco Red or Blue at the same time. The buffer spring that comes with it will be fine, I just prefer the Springco since it really tames the recoil when used with an H or H2 buffer. My middy feels like a .22, though I have some additional toys I've tinkered with over the years.

Triggers are a bit more tricky as they require a certain level of gunsmithing knowledge to install. I recommend the ALG Defense QMS or ACT trigger as an immediate upgrade that won't break the bank and is far better than the bulk pack triggers Palmetto will install. Less gritty and way smoother out of the box. Others will try to entice you with far more expensive triggers, but the QMS or ACT will be perfectly fine for nearly all applications.

The A2 muzzle device will work fine. If you get into it enough, there are several options of brakes and devices I can recommend. For the casual soda can shooter, nothing wrong with an A2. If it ain't broke...

Lights and slings are a different animal which I tend to buy once, cry once. Let me know when you want one of those. Several items that won't break the bank that slip right onto your M-LOK rails.

Fore grips and hand stops are entirely on you. Personal preference entirely. Some like them, some hate them, some are "meh." I prefer the BCM stubby fore grip that doubles as my hand stop. It works for me since I use the support hand all the way forward and the barrel and handguards sometimes gets a bit hot, so I move down to the grip. Not too large, not too small, just about right. (no TWSS on that comment either)

So, basically, you're saying "Holy Cow, GV, what are you thinking?!" with my detailed complete rifle post.

If the overall cost is cringe-worthy, I'd recommend the M-LOK rifle with the iron sights to start out. $584 for a complete rifle with iron sights and five mags. Over $600 with FFL transfer since it's free shipping at the moment. Depending on your locale, you can find a decent FFL that won't cost you an arm and a leg. Many local gun shops do such a thing for a nominal fee. Or you can check out local FFL dealers here:

FFL Finder: Find an FFL Dealer In Your Area at GunBroker.com | GunBroker.com

The red dot I specified adds $200-ish to the overall price and I wholeheartedly endorse Primary Arms since their customer service is outstanding. If it breaks or has a manufacturing defect, they replace it free of charge and without question. It's not "necessary" but it certainly adds a highly useful component to the rifle.

The ammo can be purchased locally, but I've found SGAmmo to be the absolute best prices in the business as well as the fastest shipping. I think my personal record was ordering and 45 minutes later getting a shipping notification. Sam and his bunch are great to deal with.

Eventually, you're going to want to change out that grip and stock. That's a personal preference, but I can help with that as well. In truth, I'd go to your local gun shop and handle rifles with different grips, stocks and whatnot before buying. A lot of rifles are being shipped with Magpul grips and stocks, so it's easy to pick out "this works for me" rather than trial and error as some have done (this guy is guilty). I prefer the slimmer grip design myself, but it's not for everyone. Grips can easily be replaced by you so long as you follow the directions exactly.

And replace that hated slotted screw with a hex head when you do...available at Brownells when they come back into stock. I despise slotted screws on an AR...anyway.

Stocks are easy to replace. I highly endorse the B5 Systems SOPMOD Bravo ( @GreyWolf1129 can attest) when they are in stock (most places are out at the moment). Otherwise, Magpul and Bravo Company make great stocks depending on your use. Likely the easiest upgrade you can do as it's take one off, slip new one one. Done.

For the weekend plinker, I wouldn't worry much about the buffer and spring starting out, but an H buffer is recommended over the long haul. I'd dare say the one that comes with the rifle is not an H buffer. You'll eventually want to upgrade to an H or H2 depending on what ammo you're using. I'd also pick up a Springco Red or Blue at the same time. The buffer spring that comes with it will be fine, I just prefer the Springco since it really tames the recoil when used with an H or H2 buffer. My middy feels like a .22, though I have some additional toys I've tinkered with over the years.

Triggers are a bit more tricky as they require a certain level of gunsmithing knowledge to install. I recommend the ALG Defense QMS or ACT trigger as an immediate upgrade that won't break the bank and is far better than the bulk pack triggers Palmetto will install. Less gritty and way smoother out of the box. Others will try to entice you with far more expensive triggers, but the QMS or ACT will be perfectly fine for nearly all applications.

The A2 muzzle device will work fine. If you get into it enough, there are several options of brakes and devices I can recommend. For the casual soda can shooter, nothing wrong with an A2. If it ain't broke...

Lights and slings are a different animal which I tend to buy once, cry once. Let me know when you want one of those. Several items that won't break the bank that slip right onto your M-LOK rails.

Fore grips and hand stops are entirely on you. Personal preference entirely. Some like them, some hate them, some are "meh." I prefer the BCM stubby fore grip that doubles as my hand stop. It works for me since I use the support hand all the way forward and the barrel and handguards sometimes gets a bit hot, so I move down to the grip. Not too large, not too small, just about right. (no TWSS on that comment either)
No the first post didn't blow me away but this one did. Still looking through all of this. 🤯

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
The B5 Bravo stock @Grand Vol referenced above was actually a gift from him. I would never have thought to do the research, and fork out the cash, for an after-market stock. That being said, I love that stock. I moved it to my "long range" AR, and that stock is a key component in what has turned out to be a tack driver out to 200 yards. Haven't tried it past that range, but with the IMI 69gr SMK's...off of a bench...I'm right at 1MOA (yeah, GV, with a clunky old 1/9 Colt!!!). For my skill level, that's chest-thumping accuracy, and the cheek weld of the B5 is part of it.

Those of you who have watched GV and I swap barbs over the past couple of years know how I love to tweak him, but he knows his craft, and while I might not do everything he recommends, his advice has proven to be very, very valuable to me.

In short, he knows what he's talking about.

It's Fudds like @GreyWolf1129 that keeps the military 20 years behind civilian advancements in weapons technology.

"Whut? A poodle shooter caliber? Dangnation, boy, a .22 caliber rifle is for rabbits! We gotta have a .30 caliber rifle or nothing! A FAL you say? More like FAIL! We're buying the M14 cause a Garand is Patton's best friend and that new rifle is based on the Garand action! Who wants a plastic monstrosity anyway? Plastic's good for model airplanes and Tupperware!"

"A 9mm? We're 'Muricans! We don't use that ****** metric stuff! If we can't get a .45, you'd best get us a .44! What do Europeans know about guns anyway? Sturmgewehr? More like Stupid Go Where! That's why they lost!"

"A better cheek weld?! How about I weld my foot to your ass, son?! You'll use that brittle issue stock on that M4 and like it! And I best not catch you beating that A frame against the concrete like I know you do! Magpul? I'm about to pull a serious case of ass whuppin on you! You will use that magazine that you can't even drop two feed without bending the feed lips and be happy for it!"

It's Fudds like @GreyWolf1129 that keeps the military 20 years behind civilian advancements in weapons technology.

"Whut? A poodle shooter caliber? Dangnation, boy, a .22 caliber rifle is for rabbits! We gotta have a .30 caliber rifle or nothing! A FAL you say? More like FAIL! We're buying the M14 cause a Garand is Patton's best friend and that new rifle is based on the Garand action! Who wants a plastic monstrosity anyway? Plastic's good for model airplanes and Tupperware!"

"A 9mm? We're 'Muricans! We don't use that ****** metric stuff! If we can't get a .45, you'd best get us a .44! What do Europeans know about guns anyway? Sturmgewehr? More like Stupid Go Where! That's why they lost!"

"A better cheek weld?! How about I weld my foot to your ass, son?! You'll use that brittle issue stock on that M4 and like it! And I best not catch you beating that A frame against the concrete like I know you do! Magpul? I'm about to pull a serious case of ass whuppin on you! You will use that magazine that you can't even drop two feed without bending the feed lips and be happy for it!"

giphy (15).gif

He likes me.

That's good stuff, GV.

I heard a blind libertarian woman who ran for governor of TN this cycle was running on a platform that included adapting the concealed carry permit test for the blind. Thoughts?

I heard a blind libertarian woman who ran for governor of TN this cycle was running on a platform that included adapting the concealed carry permit test for the blind. Thoughts?
God gave everyone 2a rights my honest opinion (now I do think mentally ill people should not have access to guns) but bill lee was my guy the whole way

The intuitive reaction is that it makes little sense. One of the standard rules for responsible shooting is "know your target" and that would seem to be essentially impossible for a blind person that isn't named Matt Murdock. I understand part of the support mentality though. A couple things I pulled up.

Blind marksmen can accurately hit targets they can't even see | Daily Mail Online

The Gun Debate, Why It Matters for the Blind

I'll be honest, it scared the piss out of me. Luckily she was running on the Green Party ticket so she had a less-than-0% chance to win

.357 Sig already has deep penetration as it is (no TWSS please) and it's a good chance the Underwood sails through the target with the higher velocity.

The XTP round should be fine, but I'm more concerned about what's behind a target rather than overall numbers.

*Note: Not a spokesman for Federal...

Reactions: DEFENDTHISHOUSE

VN Store

Back