The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Bought an LCP II earlier this morning. This will be my first pocket pistol used for semi-edc...or ever. Any tips?

Yeah, that seems like a ridiculously dumb thing to do tbh.

The Nemesis DTH cited isn't the only game in town but for the money it's a proven one.

Don't go cheap on ammo either. Natural ballistics are pretty lean with a .380 (moreso with sub-3" barrel) so pay for the good stuff. I think there's a few tests floating around the web on the matter.

The Nemesis DTH cited isn't the only game in town but for the money it's a proven one.

Don't go cheap on ammo either. Natural ballistics are pretty lean with a .380 (moreso with sub-3" barrel) so pay for the good stuff. I think there's a few tests floating around the web on the matter.
Or you could just carry one of these around and not worry so much about the ammo.

FNX45.JPG

Nice to see the CC posts. My default is a G30S in a Tagua holster, appendix carry. 2nd option is the RIA compact in another Tagua, same carry. The Glock is simply lighter, and has a higher magazine capacity. The RIA is easier to control due to it's weight. The new trigger for the G30S has made a difference.

I tote a G21 mag (13 rounds) for reload with the Glock, and a pair of 7-rounders when I carry the Rock. Nothing in the pipe with either, so my range time includes draw and rack from the start. It doesn't add much to my engagement time, and it makes my balls happy.

To each their own. I wouldn't want to get shot at close range...or any range come to think of it...with a .380, 5.7, 9mm, .40, .45, or RPG. I just happen to be a .45 guy. Your life, your money, your choice. Carry what gives you peace of mind, and practice with it.

Semper Paratus.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
All right you gun brothers, I am finally getting around to assemblingmy AR308 from Aero Precision. I've rounded up all my parts, still waiting on barrel and BCG. Should have those by the end of the week. Everything went pretty smoothly other than having to run a tap through the grip screw hole. I've come across a problem though and thought you guys might edumicate me. I bought a "commercial" 6 position buffer tube. I also bought a black hawk stock. The black hawk stock won't slide up on the tube. It was my understanding that the tube and the stock were cross compatible with the AR15. I'm not sure if the commercial tube is different. Any insight here? Is the commercial tube slightly larger OD?

Edit: I pulled a couple of my other ARs out and swapped the stocks back and forth. This stock is just out of whack. I'm going to send it back. It won't fit any of my other ARs and my other AR stocks fit the new tube.

Yes, a commercial sized receiver extension (buffer tube) is a different diameter than a mil-spec. You have to buy a commercial sized stock in order for it to work.

Save yourself some trouble, but a mil-spec sized tube and forget that commercial nonsense. Also, save yourself the trouble of not buying a Blackhawk. Good rule of thumb is not buying gun parts from a company that builds backpacks.

Yes, a commercial sized receiver extension (buffer tube) is a different diameter than a mil-spec. You have to buy a commercial sized stock in order for it to work.

Save yourself some trouble, but a mil-spec sized tube and forget that commercial nonsense. Also, save yourself the trouble of not buying a Blackhawk. Good rule of thumb is not buying gun parts from a company that builds backpacks.
What's weird though is I tried the stock on all of my ARs (you know I have a few :)) and the stock didn't fit any of them. I then tried all the stocks on this new , commercial tube and they all fit perfectly. I know all my tubes are not commercial tubes. The reason I went with the commercial this time was it was on sale and I've had issues with some milspec tubes threads not holding well in the lower receiver. The commercial ones seem to be better made, at least the threads are cut better.

Do you know what the diameter of the mil spec tube should be?

Edit: I found this on Stagarms website:

Diameter. Commercial-spec buttstock tubes, in which the buttstock goes around to attach to the rifle, have a diameter of 1.168”, while the Mil-spec is slightly smaller and has a diameter of 1.148”. A buttstock designed for one size tube will not work on the other.

@Grand Vol I think I figured out what's going on. I think many stocks are designed for either tube. It looks like it's only a couple of hundredths difference. That's why all my stocks seem to fit the commercial tube. The new stock must be designed for a mil spec only. I'll need to either change the tube or get a new stock that will fit the commercial tube. I like the idea of the stronger tube on the AR10, it being a thicker wall and larger diameter. Probably over thinking it though.

@Grand Vol I think I figured out what's going on. I think many stocks are designed for either tube. It looks like it's only a couple of hundredths difference. That's why all my stocks seem to fit the commercial tube. The new stock must be designed for a mil spec only. I'll need to either change the tube or get a new stock that will fit the commercial tube. I like the idea of the stronger tube on the AR10, it being a thicker wall and larger diameter. Probably over thinking it though.

Check out Heavy Buffers.

Slash's Heavy Buffers | Home

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Ordered some AR500 steel to shoot at. Got the 1/2" so I can shoot center fire rifle at it. Made an A frame out if some scrap Aluminum pipe I had. Took about 30 min to out it together. Works great. Disassembles to fit in the back seat or trunk.

View attachment 188561

So when are you hosting the official Volnation Barbaque, Booze & Bullets festival?

I think you just made that up.

Nope, well, maybe. It was set forth at a gathering in TX I attended and since nothing happened that would have incurred that particular penalty I can't comment on how genuine the threat. Whether that was the result of our natural collective marksmanship or sincere desire not to test our host's downstream imbibements is open to interpretation.

Nope, well, maybe. It was set forth at a gathering in TX I attended and since nothing happened that would have incurred that particular penalty I can't comment on how genuine the threat. Whether that was the result of our natural collective marksmanship or sincere desire not to test our host's downstream imbibements is open to interpretation.

I'd call you a wuss for not trying it and flipping off your host.

They were Texan, they'd understand.

I'd call you a wuss for not trying it and flipping off your host.

They were Texan, they'd understand.

Maybe, but I'd just as not be "that guy" who everybody would razz for not being able to shoot straight. Plus being my cousin's out of state guest at the soiree the TN guy needed to look good.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Maybe, but I'd just as not be "that guy" who everybody would razz for not being able to shoot straight. Plus being my cousin's out of state guest at the soiree the TN guy needed to look good.

Texans can't shoot straight either.

Pure toy and just to add to my collection. Not up on them at all though.

Complete PA-15 Firearms | USA Made | Palmetto State Armory

Specifically shootable out of the box ($499) but needs ammo and mags:

PSA 16" M4 5.56 NATO 1/7 Nitride MOE EPT Freedom Rifle With Rear MBUS - 516446600

Or fun adaptable toy that needs some additions ($469):

PSA 16" M4 Carbine 5.56 NATO 1:7 Lightweight M-Lok Classic Rifle

With ($38 and $27):

Magpul MBUS Rear Sight - Black MAG248-BLK

Magpul MBUS Front Sight - Black MAG247-BLK

And five of these ($50 or so):

Magpul PMAG 30 AR-15/M4 GEN M3 5.56 NATO Magazine - Black MAG557-BLK

or

D&H 5.56 30rd Aluminum Magazine

One of these ($170):

Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot with Push Buttons and up to 50K-Hour Battery Life MD-ADS

And this ($30):

Primary Arms Lower 1/3 Cowitness Micro Dot Riser LHM-2L13

This ($180 including shipping which is painfully fast):

https://www.sgammo.com/product/223-...j-m193-imi-ammo-made-israel-military-industri

$969 before shipping and whatnot from Palmetto and Primary Arms. So, maybe a hair over your $1000 mark with an FFL transfer and shipping costs from the other two.

VN Store

Back