The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Entirely inaccurate...

Anyone who doesn't swear by the 8 round mags these days is an idiot 1911 owner.

I got the CMC 8-round RPM's for my Springfield 1911. Built like a tank. Actually holds 8 rounds without having to stand on the top of the mag, and actually feed into the well without having to do isometrics to get it to lock in. Don't know how they do it, but they do it. I'm sure there are other good ones out there, but these are solid.

RIA mags have a proprietary follower, plus I carry it concealed, so I just stuck with factory mags on that one. 7 rounds.

On another note, I upgraded to 13 round mags for my Glock 30S. Glock 21 mags. For me, I don't need a mag sleeve or any of that. So now it's a 10 round mag in the well, and two 13 rounders on my belt. Six extra rounds and still fully concealable.

Keltec KSG up next. Thoughts and opinions appreciated. I read somewhere that cycling problems were common and my first thought was that its a pump action, dont short stroke it.

gun-memes16-ammo.jpg

1964 model Marlin 336-RC 30-30
Nikon 3-9x40
Dad bought it at a pawn shop back in 1997, we sighted it in at my uncles cabin in Scott’s Hill, near Lexington, huge UT fan(where I get it)he loved to fish the Tn river for smallmouth launching at mouse-tail landing, my dad and I both killed our first deer there with this rifle, such a great rifle, I refinished the entire rifle and got it looking almost brand new, messed up the bluing in certain spots but when it needs it again I’ll do it better. It can hold 4” groups at 200 yards with hornady lever- revolution 160 g.

Lost my sling mounts when I had it disassembled. So mad!
It’s taken many deer and coyotes, can’t wait to hand it down to one of my sons.
Nice. I have one, but I believe it's 1983 vintage.

Nah, it's 855. Remember, you talked me away from that.

Then again, if you've got a few Grand (pun intended) laying around that you don't know what to do with, well...you have my address. Tell Santa to just leave it on the porch.

FYI, I'm back on the "SBR fence". This concerns me.

Go Vols.

You need an AR-10...

Reactions: ETV
seen this about the 7.62 thought i would brag a little one of the grandboys and i are going to build our first ar,
plan on ordering the parts next week 7.62 x 39; wish us luck

Enjoy that time with your grandson. If it's you're first build, you might consider doing a 223/.556 first. The small frame AR's are a lot easier to get right.

Enjoy that time with your grandson. If it's you're first build, you might consider doing a 223/.556 first. The small frame AR's are a lot easier to get right.
believe me i am enjoying the time there are six of them i done the calling for all six on their first turkey,with them on their first deer,squirrel, coon hunt with mtn. curs but im 70 years old and slowing down faster than i want.
as for the 7.62 the youngest boy is eight years old and has been shooting a 223.his grouping is about 6'' and we having to do a lot of tracking so one of the older boys said pa lets build him a 7.62 so what does pa say...order the parts lad...sorry didn't mean to write a book

It's gonna be a Colt 6933. The Aimpoint PRO, Geissele SSA, Streamlight TLR-1 HL, and Hogue grip are a given. I'll turn to @Grand Vol for further recommendations.

I figure March / April timeframe. Pics by Independence Day.

It's gonna be a Colt 6933. The Aimpoint PRO, Geissele SSA, Streamlight TLR-1 HL, and Hogue grip are a given. I'll turn to @Grand Vol for further recommendations.

I figure March / April timeframe. Pics by Independence Day.

Might be time to think of upgrading that Aimpoint to a lighter version. Save your pennies and look at the Micro H2 or T2.

An SBR should be a bit lighter.

Just a thought

Can't find an appropriate thread, and senseless to make another one, so I'll post it here.

So I'm one of the many furloughed federal employees. This makes the fourth time since I went to work for our rich uncle back in 2009. New experience for me. The military never shut down in the 20 years I was there, and my S.O. never shut down (although we did have a 24-hour "blue flu" in Patrol Division after the Chief Deputy made us park our cars at the S.O. as punishment for something a staff member did). Not sure where I stand on this one.

Being a "fed" has its' perks. The salary is good. Really good for this area. The benefits are good. Schedule is good. Most nights and holidays off. I love my job; love what I do; and aside from a few close calls with lightning and one incident where I got tossed out of a boat, not all that dangerous. It beats answering calls for 12 hours at less than $20/hour. I've often said, if you have to work, this is the way to do it. I'm sure others have a sweeter gig than mine, but I'm pretty tickled with the deal I've got.

Washington, D.C. is dysfunctional, and has been for a long time. It's no longer about "of, by, and for the People". Hasn't been for...well, a long time. But failing a complete reversal of the tide on Capitol Hill, which ain't happening in our lifetime, it is what it is. Trump is trying, but sometimes he's his own worst enemy, and let's face it...draining the swamp is like trying to stomp on all the roaches in the kitchen at TurdBurger's. Good luck with that.

Money-wise, I'll be okay. Bills are paid, I've got a few bucks in savings, and NFCU is offering interest-free loans to those of us affected by the shutdown. I can last a month without having to beg for money, or rob a liquor store. I can work at the S.O., and will starting later this week, but that ain't gonna pay the bills I have grown in to. Still, I'll be okay. Odds are, we'll get back pay when it's all over, which isn't fair, but I'm not one to bitch when the government throws money at me that I didn't earn. And if we don't, as I said, I'll survive. Which I'm sure gives @Grand Vol peace of mind, since it means I won't be asking him if I can pitch a tent in his back yard...lol.

So as the New Year begins, I find myself with time to do all the small jobs around the house that never seem to get done...reflect on life in general...spend quality time with the Sheperd...watch some football...and offer a sincere prayer to the Good Lord that this nation finally comes to it's senses and starts living by the principles set forth in the Bible and the Constitution of the United States of America. I doubt it will happen, but I plan to ask.

I enjoy my time on VN, even when it's debating with someone who...in my book...is a waste of good oxygen. Takes all kinds, and I've spent a long time dealing with them face-to-face, so the occasional internet debate is child's play for me. For those of you...and if you're reading this here then you're probably one of them...who make my time on VN so enjoyable, thanks. Good advice, good reads, good fun, good humor, and good picking at one another. Good stuff.

Happy New Year, VN, and fellow gunners. Be nice to get back to work, but until I do, I think I'll hang out here and see what I can get in to.

:cool:

Can't find an appropriate thread, and senseless to make another one, so I'll post it here.

So I'm one of the many furloughed federal employees. This makes the fourth time since I went to work for our rich uncle back in 2009. New experience for me. The military never shut down in the 20 years I was there, and my S.O. never shut down (although we did have a 24-hour "blue flu" in Patrol Division after the Chief Deputy made us park our cars at the S.O. as punishment for something a staff member did). Not sure where I stand on this one.

Being a "fed" has its' perks. The salary is good. Really good for this area. The benefits are good. Schedule is good. Most nights and holidays off. I love my job; love what I do; and aside from a few close calls with lightning and one incident where I got tossed out of a boat, not all that dangerous. It beats answering calls for 12 hours at less than $20/hour. I've often said, if you have to work, this is the way to do it. I'm sure others have a sweeter gig than mine, but I'm pretty tickled with the deal I've got.

Washington, D.C. is dysfunctional, and has been for a long time. It's no longer about "of, by, and for the People". Hasn't been for...well, a long time. But failing a complete reversal of the tide on Capitol Hill, which ain't happening in our lifetime, it is what it is. Trump is trying, but sometimes he's his own worst enemy, and let's face it...draining the swamp is like trying to stomp on all the roaches in the kitchen at TurdBurger's. Good luck with that.

Money-wise, I'll be okay. Bills are paid, I've got a few bucks in savings, and NFCU is offering interest-free loans to those of us affected by the shutdown. I can last a month without having to beg for money, or rob a liquor store. I can work at the S.O., and will starting later this week, but that ain't gonna pay the bills I have grown in to. Still, I'll be okay. Odds are, we'll get back pay when it's all over, which isn't fair, but I'm not one to bitch when the government throws money at me that I didn't earn. And if we don't, as I said, I'll survive. Which I'm sure gives @Grand Vol peace of mind, since it means I won't be asking him if I can pitch a tent in his back yard...lol.

So as the New Year begins, I find myself with time to do all the small jobs around the house that never seem to get done...reflect on life in general...spend quality time with the Sheperd...watch some football...and offer a sincere prayer to the Good Lord that this nation finally comes to it's senses and starts living by the principles set forth in the Bible and the Constitution of the United States of America. I doubt it will happen, but I plan to ask.

I enjoy my time on VN, even when it's debating with someone who...in my book...is a waste of good oxygen. Takes all kinds, and I've spent a long time dealing with them face-to-face, so the occasional internet debate is child's play for me. For those of you...and if you're reading this here then you're probably one of them...who make my time on VN so enjoyable, thanks. Good advice, good reads, good fun, good humor, and good picking at one another. Good stuff.

Happy New Year, VN, and fellow gunners. Be nice to get back to work, but until I do, I think I'll hang out here and see what I can get in to.

God speed Wolf. I'll have you and your family in my prayers. I'm sure it will work out fine. In the meantime, time to dip into that stockpile and enjoy some quality time outdoors.

It's all good. The 16 day shutdown back in '13 (?) was funny. After a week around the house, my wife actually told me "If you want to go back to the Sheriff's Office, I'm okay with it.". This was a complete reversal for her, who chides me for still working for the S.O. at my age (56). I just don't do foot chases any more, and I can pretty much hold my own with anyone in my weight class if it comes down to rolling around in a ditch. At my age, treachery and nose-biting will overcome youth and stamina.

I just needed to vent, and the Sheperd, Casey, love her heart...just tilts her head and pants when I try to bare my soul to her. Sometimes I wish her Mom was more like her.

Santa brought me a Pyramid trigger for my G30S. Get it installed and test fired today, and then off to the range to see how much of a difference it makes.

I'm about to buy a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 in a few weeks, pretty pumped for that. Seems like it would make a great "trunk gun".

VN Store

Back