The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

I thought the take down was a selling point for this model?
I have a Mark IV standard, really want a steel frame version but have not seen one on a shelf since Covid. My takedown experience is incredibly simple, but I don’t go further than a field strip. The only thing that I could imagine breaking is the pin that connects the grip frame to the back of the receiver, but I’d have to really put a lot of force into obvious resistance to pull it off.

Reactions: UTN '74
I'm planning to move my Sig Romeo to the new pistol and would like something with a little more range on my full-size 5.56, maybe to be able to take it to 100-250 yards. Suggestions that won't break the bank and still allow rapid target acquisition at closer ranges?

I'd check out the Primary Arms line. Pretty dang tough at an agreeable price point.

People will be putting these things on gunbroker for $3,000+ when they come out lol.
I'd like to have one but I think I'll wait to see if they come out with some modern pistol calibers down the road. I'm really hoping that this sticks and doesn't turn out like the last iteration of the red label shotgun where they made a few and then decided it was too expensive to continue.

I'd like to have one but I think I'll wait to see if they come out with some modern pistol calibers down the road. I'm really hoping that this sticks and doesn't turn out like the last iteration of the red label shotgun where they made a few and then decided it was too expensive to continue.

From what I've read they're planning on building basically the entire classic Marlin line. This model was just the first in line for release.

From what I've read they're planning on building basically the entire classic Marlin line. This model was just the first in line for release.

I hope so.

I know It wont happen with todays ammo climate, but I would love for them to bring the 1894FG back in .41 Magnum.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Yeah I wouldn't bet on then bringing that caliber back. I believe henry is still making a rifle for it though.

Oh ya, I don't think Ruger could ever come close to justify making one. No way it would pay for its self. Just dreaming

I have seen a few Henry ones. I know I am probably in the low minority here, but for some reason I don't care for their firearms.

Oh ya, I don't think Ruger could ever come close to justify making one. No way it would pay for its self. Just dreaming

I have seen a few Henry ones. I know I am probably in the low minority here, but for some reason I don't care for their firearms.
I’m not a Henry guy either

Reactions: C1500

Owning both Henrys and Marlins, I've usually found henry to have an edge in quality. I'm interested yo see if Ruger brings marlin up to par.

20211222_235440.jpg
First build complete! Definitely a learning curve, and the next will take less than half the time. It was really cool learning the "insides" of a rifle.

I do think I'm going to paint it, but I want to zero in the MBUS and put a red dot on it first.

My wife is super-stoked about "her" new gun.

Just kidding.

VN Store

Back