The Official 2023 NFL Season Thread

Dear Brad Allen,

How come it took you over 30 seconds to register that #68 was ineligible and throw a flag?

Reactions: VolPack22
The Lions didn't play/coach perfectly is a pretty ridiculous response to a legitimate gripe.
Really, so if that 2 point conversion would've stood?
You don't think Mike McCarthy ass wouldn't have been put through the ringer, by Cowboys fans and the media BS...

As far as officiating goes in all sports its not the greatest...was it a bad call maybe, as a Cowboy fan I could go on a rant about how Micah Parsons gets held every play...

I just let it go because doesn't matter what I think, refs are going do what the hell ever they want to do...

Yes there were questionable decisions by both HC's during game...

This wouldn't have been an issue "if" McCarthy had called three running plays and milked the clock instead of being a idiot and calling passing plays....

Like Aikman stated , there wouldn't have been enough time to drive the field if McCarthy would get his head out of his @$$....

You don't think Mike McCarthy ass wouldn't have been put through the ringer, by Cowboys fans and the media BS...

As far as officiating goes in all sports its not the greatest...was it a bad call maybe, as a Cowboy fan I could go on a rant about how Micah Parsons gets held every play...

I just let it go because doesn't matter what I think, refs are going do what the hell ever they want to do...

This wouldn't have been an issue "if" McCarthy had called three running plays and milked the clock instead of being a idiot and calling passing plays....

Like Aikman stated , there wouldn't have been enough time to drive the field if McCarthy would get his head out of his @$$....

I'm a Cowboys casual. My wife is a fan. My entire Dad's side of the family is Cowboys fans. I was rooting for them. But it was definitely an all-time bad call people will still be talking about in 30 years, like the Jerome Bettis coin flip. Holding on the edge happens. This doesn't happen.

Take your win and slink out the door. No need to come in here and twist the knife on Lions fans who weren't even saying anything

Last edited:

Huge difference between subjective penalties and an administrative penalty that was mishandled by the officials, imo.

Can anyone see how they could call Peyton Hendershot for tripping here? If anyone should have been flagged for tripping it was Hutchinson. This was Dallas' last field goal possession when they were trying to run out the clock.

View attachment 606132

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/59/2023/12/Cowboys-tripping-penalty.mp4

It's hard for me to see exactly what happened here (I need slow-mo) so not sure I'd kill the refs over it even if it is the wrong call. I will say the fact Hendershot reacts expecting the penalty to be on him makes it seem like he didn't think Hutchison did anything wrong.

Freeze frame sure makes it look like PH had both hands wrapped around Hutch. He's got one on a number and the other almost touching the other number.

Screenshot_20231231-092757_Chrome.jpg

It's hard for me to see exactly what happened here (I need slow-mo) so not sure I'd kill the refs over it even if it is the wrong call. I will say the fact Hendershot reacts expecting the penalty to be on him makes it seem like he didn't think Hutchison did anything wrong.
I think Hendershot thought he or someone else was getting called for holding. Flag thrown at the los 10s after the play started? That's holding on offense 90% of the time.

But the only person sticking their leg out to try and trip someone was Aiden Hutchison.

1704042198403.png

The Cardinals have shown any given Sunday magic because they’ve succeeded with a comeback to tie the Eagles 21-21.

The pressure is on the Eagles on the 4th quarter to not choke vs a Cardinals team that is awful.

Reactions: n_huffhines and MAD
A moral victory that the Commanders have kept it a close game vs the 49ers that are a Super Bowl contender.

The 49ers have a stacked offensive arsenal so it’s unsurprising that in the 4th quarter they just increased the lead to 17.

Reactions: n_huffhines
The 49ers clinched the NFC 1 seed after they defeated the awful Commanders 27-10.
The 49ers do have a strong chance of making it to the Super Bowl so high pressure on them to not be a dime a dozen 1 seed that choked in the Playoffs.

Congratulations to the longshot Cardinals that showed Any Given Sunday because they defeated the high flying Eagles 35-31 after they successful second half comeback to make it a close game.

Vast Cowboys fans have to be very happy with that upset result on New Year’s Eve.

If the Eagles manage to win the next two games I will be shocked. If they make it out of the first round, I will be floored. Team is just not playing well right now and haven’t been a a few weeks. SF and Dallas are the class of the NFC.
Gotem right where we want them

Freeze frame sure makes it look like PH had both hands wrapped around Hutch. He's got one on a number and the other almost touching the other number.

View attachment 606134

It was holding and Aidan was trying to sell it. It wasn’t tripping though. Refs are idiots

VN Store

Back