The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread

On one hand I agree that it’s better to see the match decided in open play.

On the other, Golden Goal was proven to cause teams to be more timid and defensive because of fear of getting hit on the counter and losing, and that’s why it’s time was short lived. You can only expect guys to play for so long without starting to rack up injuries, and the longer the game goes the more likely you are to just see the Final decided by a mental mistake (likely a tired foul in the box, where the match is STILL decided on a PK) or some sort of fatigue injury than you are to ever see some moment of brilliance.

I can't believe we're having that conversation after just witnessing the greatest game in history. We shoukd save the PK discussion for another time

Seems fitting for that very reason, imo.

IDK, I feel like the right team won and it was amazing. If the rule is golden goal, Argentina still wins 3-2 and I don't think it makes the match better. It would have been a cool walkoff for Messi, but I was glad to get more game.

IDK, I feel like the right team won and it was amazing. If the rule is golden goal, Argentina still wins 3-2 and I don't think it makes the match better. It would have been a cool walkoff for Messi, but I was glad to get more game.
That’s kind of the argument against Golden Goal. With that rule in place, obviously we don’t get two goals in extra time, and given historical precedent of teams to be EXTREMELY cautious when a single defensive mistake can immediately lose you the game, it’s pretty unlikely we would have even seen one. Far more likely both teams just sit back and take their chances in penalties. That’s why the rule was abolished after just two WC’s.

Also, in the modern VAR era, can you imagine the spontaneous celebrations that would break out with a team thinking they had won the WC on a GG only to have it VAR’d off after an extensive review and having to clear the pitch of media, players and staff and resume play? Having a true walkoff moment is tough when everything has to be reviewed with a fine toothed comb.

Having a conversation, which isn’t a new conversation anyways as it is controversial around the globe, about the way a game should end isn’t taking away from a great game we all watched. PKs aren’t boring people just wish there was alternative ways to end a game. Whenever PKs happen in a big game like this, the conversation will come right back up. Always does, always will. Twitter has even more to say on the subject at the moment.

I’m very damn happy that Argentina defeated France so finally Messi gets a World Cup.
Messi has now become a Metaphorical Lion.

1 incredible unforgettable World Cup Championship game that had Argentina outplaying a great France team.

Argentina and Messi would not be denied the greatness of winning the World Cup in 2022.

This is 1 incredible unforgettable 2022 World Cup Championship Game which had multiple overtimes, variety for goals including the PKs, amazing saves including by the Argentina goalie moving like he’s the Black Panther for the incredible saves, and thrilling drama.

France the defending Champions are a great team with a terrific Player that prospered, and Argentina is a great team with their best player Messi that was shining not limited to scoring goals.

The French in France 🇫🇷 , the 2022 France President, and the 2022 France soccer team will always remember that Argentina is a great team with a great player the Lion aka Messi that would not be denied the greatness which is them winning the 2022 World Cup.

The most ever goals at the WC.

172 total.

Which was your favorite?

Mostly any in the World Cup championship game including the whole goal scored after the terrific deflection because 1 Argentina player in the exact right area took advantage, and a France defender was defending behind the line which is an unforgettable blunder.

That amazing goal is 1 in a million.

I’m very happy 1 Argentina player is wearing the classic Spider Man mask during the Argentina won the World Cup parade celebration.
He is 1 of my favorite comic book super heroes because Spider Man a pure good super hero that is very unique including the Spider Themed costume, spider powers including stick to walls and other surfaces, etc.

2E9A7960-01FF-412E-95CB-201B3AEBA15B.jpeg

Reactions: VolPack22

VN Store

Back