The Official 2021 Summer Ball Thread

Please do! Incidentally, at TN ⚾️ camp, Walsh told campers that pitchers make the most 💰 and get the hottest women. I guess dressing up as bags of chips and sumos helps seal the deal!
I found the photo of Redmond making an appearance as Chip in the Chip Chase, from August 2018. Summer ball fun. A65C8149-CDBB-422B-B131-C3CF188B9A8A.jpegA65C8149-CDBB-422B-B131-C3CF188B9A8A.jpeg

I’ll just throw this in the summer ball thread….

When this reporter says "professional" he's not referring to the big league club is he? I was checking box scores this weekend and don't remember seeing Alerick's name pop up. Has he been injured and just now made his debut in the minors? I feel like I've been out of the loop with some of our 2020 draftees outside of Crochet whose been easy to track, ha.

Reactions: volz2wallz
Wonder why burns isnt on there...unless I missed him...

Interesting, don't see him either, but he's listed as active in the campus directory

Edit: On second thought, probably not ideal to post directory info on a message board, so you'll have to take my word for it, or search it yourself.

Last edited:
They will not add any new ones until spring if it holds as it has the past couple of years. The only ones on fall are the ones left over from last year that are still there.

Yep, prior to CTV we got nothing this time of year. At least you can look at this and see who is no longer with us…good luck to them all.

I used to get frustrated with it at other schools but then I understood it. You don't really know who is going to show up and who is not. Plus fall ball is a lot of different players. Some are true walk-ons, some are preferred walk-ons, and some are scholarship players. If you put everyone, then some think they are on the team when they are not. I learned to not need a roster until the spring official one comes out and even it will have some redshirts on it.

Reactions: vol66
I go into three baseball funks a year. The first one is at the end of the UT season, but it didn’t really happen this year because of the CWS 🙂 The second one is the end of the Owls season (I knew for about two weeks it was going to be hard to make the playoffs, so it’s been watching the probable become the certain). The final is the day after the World Series when I cut on the MLB Network and they’re running Ken Burns Baseball documentary. At that point I know winter is here.

7A5ABA39-D1B3-4502-B8D0-D94451E50EBB.jpeg

Reactions: @1RBFjr and vol66
I used to get frustrated with it at other schools but then I understood it. You don't really know who is going to show up and who is not. Plus fall ball is a lot of different players. Some are true walk-ons, some are preferred walk-ons, and some are scholarship players. If you put everyone, then some think they are on the team when they are not. I learned to not need a roster until the spring official one comes out and even it will have some redshirts on it.

Preacher, the only thing I don't like is that if I wander over there for a scrimmage or Fall series game, I don't have a roster to let me know who are the new guys when they are in the field or batting. That is the one drawback I've noticed the last couple years to not having an updated roster sheet. And they weren't doing anything on the PA system either.

I agree. My son plays and the only ones I actually will know are the ones from last year but on the field even that is hard for me to know who is who some times. Plus you have all the new guys. Last fall, I went and hardly knew anyone. But if they don't wear their jerseys it is still of no use. When they play the two games, they will give out lineups or at least they did 2 years ago. Most of the time in the fall they will not wear numbers at all.

VN Store

Back