The Official #2 Tennessee vs. #25 Auburn Game Thread, 2:00 PM ET, ESPN

Basketball officiating sucks.

Why did they stop a UT possession when Plavsic set a screen at mid court?

Cause the auburn player thought he was fouled? If so, that is stupid as F.

Cause he might be injured? If so, he needs to leave the game and come back after the next dead ball.

Uros is a big dude and I don’t think the Auburn player knew where he was. He ran into a brick wall and I think left the game to have a cut attended to. That was a nasty but legal pick by Uros, who didn’t budge when the Auburn player made contact.

People just need to stop acting like he's likely to ever win one when he hasn't ever even played for one. I am not happy with making the sweet 16 once every 5 or 6 years with him. That's not what our goal should be.

I am admittedly an ardent supporter of Rick Barnes, but even those who are not the most ardent supporters will acknowledge he’s one of the best coaches in college basketball. IMO- and it’s not just my opinion- UT is so fortunate to have him as the head basketball coach.

Barnes has said he’s told Phillips to be more aggressive, and his turnovers occur when Phillips is passive w the ball in his hands. The offense isn’t fun to watch but I hope this team can make a final four run. UVA won it all by playing elite D. I’m not sure of the comparison b/t the UVA national title team Vs this TN team. But I still have hope that JJJ, Vescovi, Key and ZZ will catch fire in March and ON and Phillis can get it going, too. Giving Uros large min concerns me with the number of stupid fouls and poor foul shooting.

UVA’s offensive efficiency was still very good. They just played at a slow pace, which doesn’t affect efficiency.

Reactions: vol94
UVA’s offensive efficiency was still very good. They just played at a slow pace, which doesn’t affect efficiency.

Thanks for the info as I wasn’t sure. I knew they drained the shot clock and played half court game. Hopefully TN can turn it around. Barnes doesn’t seemed to concerned. That or he is a good actor.

Thanks for the info as I wasn’t sure. I knew they drained the shot clock and played half court game. Hopefully TN can turn it around. Barnes doesn’t seemed to concerned. That or he is a good actor.

I’m not going to dismiss it as a concern because it is. However, seasons and teams have ebbs and flows. This team can play high efficient offense. Just need confidence and do it at the right time.

Basketball officiating sucks.

Why did they stop a UT possession when Plavsic set a screen at mid court?

Cause the auburn player thought he was fouled? If so, that is stupid as F.

Cause he might be injured? If so, he needs to leave the game and come back after the next dead ball.
I was like, "fine, whatever, in college they can stop the game for injury" and then they didn't reset the shot clock. We lost 8 seconds on the shot clock and had to inbound the ball after a legal screen.

Y’all remember how great we shot against Arizona? Such a solid shooting night in a hostile environment!!!

Yeah, me neither because we lost so it doesn’t matter. Shoot like **** and get the W > good shooting and a L

EVERY TIME

Have always thought every team is going to have so many games like this. Hopefully we got one out of the way with a win. Need more shooting nights like MS ST at home.

ONE legitimate good area from the game today. Pretty sure we extended our leads in FG% and 3P FG% and gained ground in points per game.
Gotta take what you can get.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Have always thought every team is going to have so many games like this. Hopefully we got one out of the way with a win. Need more shooting nights like MS ST at home.
At least this was a game against ranked team and we won it-- Rough schedule ahead.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I’m not going to dismiss it as a concern because it is. However, seasons and teams have ebbs and flows. This team can play high efficient offense. Just need confidence and do it at the right time.

Agree. I rather win while shooting 27% instead of losing and shooting 40%. Ask Purdue as they just got knocked off by Indiana.

Go Vols!

Uros is a big dude and I don’t think the Auburn player knew where he was. He ran into a brick wall and I think left the game to have a cut attended to. That was a nasty but legal pick by Uros, who didn’t budge when the Auburn player made contact.

Auburn player acted like he was hit in the head but replays showed he wasn’t. Auburn kept flopping like Ole Miss in football.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
Auburn player acted like he was hit in the head but replays showed he wasn’t. Auburn kept flopping like Ole Miss in football.

One of their players had mouth laceration. But I still say that kid who ran into Uros was seeing stars. Uros is tall but he’s a big dude.

What’s up with Key? He needs to start making a difference even just to spell ZZ. ZZ has played heavy minutes the past few weeks.

Reactions: gule

VN Store

Back