The Official #19 Tennessee vs. Kentucky Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, CBS

Let’s just call this team what they are. They are soft, uninspired, and have no offensive identity. All you Barnes worshippers can continue to worship him, however, his coaching this year with 2 future NBA first round draft picks and 2 other potential NBA players has been nothing short of awful. He has not made adjustments, is not willing to change, and has thrown his players under the bus several times when we lose. Not sure anyone can convince me He has done a good job with this team that was a consensus pick to win the SEC and had several media members touting them as a final 4 team
Haha....we are losing by 15 to 8 NBA players that played lights out for 20 minutes. It's ok. We'll be a 4 or 5 seed and we'll see what happens. That's the fun of it......

Honestly our team will probably benefit more from a deep SECT run more than any other team, we’re so young tons of growth to still be made.

Jaden & Keon both would benefit a ton from returning to play next season (doubt both return) but a full off-season and another year here would have both playing at a much more consistent level. If they were we’d be undefeated.

Reactions: I4Vols
Let’s just call this team what they are. They are soft, uninspired, and have no offensive identity. All you Barnes worshippers can continue to worship him, however, his coaching this year with 2 future NBA first round draft picks and 2 other potential NBA players has been nothing short of awful. He has not made adjustments, is not willing to change, and has thrown his players under the bus several times when we lose. Not sure anyone can convince me He has done a good job with this team that was a consensus pick to win the SEC and had several media members touting them as a final 4 team

And the other 15 wins?

He has two fractured fingers a back injury, and is recovering from Covid. He’s 15 pounds underweight. He has refused to miss a practice or a game or let himself be listed as injured. Watch the look up n his face when he bumps players or shoots. He’s definitely struggling.

I did not know any of this. Respect to Fulky for roughing it out. Hopefully he can return to form next season, but that is quite the list of injuries to recover from.

I have not seen anybody take this long to get over covid. Seems like we have heard this since game 1

Same here. I think it's a popular excuse for Fulky. He's young and in shape. I doubt he's still weak from Covid 5 to 7 months later

Something might be wrong, but it's not from Covid imo

Reactions: tnvols72
Honestly our team will probably benefit more from a deep SECT run more than any other team, we’re so young tons of growth to still be made.

Jaden & Keon both would benefit a ton from returning to play next season (doubt both return) but a full off-season and another year here would have both playing at a much more consistent level. If they were we’d be undefeated.
They will be gone with Pons, if they are projected in the first rd, they would be fools not to take that money.

Reactions: vol94
Same here. I think it's a popular excuse for Fulky. He's young and in shape. I doubt he's still weak from Covid 5 to 7 months later

Something might be wrong, but it's not from Covid imo

He’s playing while injured.

This team is so difficult to watch when they give this little effort on the defensive end. As a result, Kentucky gets infinitely better looks at the basket. Hitting from deep is just adding insult to injury. We get nothing easy, and the ones we do get, we miss point blank at the rim. I have never seen a Tennessee team this offensively-challenged within 5 feet of the basket. Add to that the fact we have reverted to just passing the ball around the perimeter, again, and settling for contested shots late in the clock, missing most, and you have a 15-pt. deficit at the half to an individually talented, but way below average Kentucky team. Just so hard to watch.

Makes one believe they won't go far in the Tourney. SEC and NCAA

Haha....we are losing by 15 to 8 NBA players that played lights out for 20 minutes. It's ok. We'll be a 4 or 5 seed and we'll see what happens. That's the fun of it......

There’s also nothing wrong with recognizing and criticizing god awful poor play from a team that’s supposed to be good.

They will be gone with Pons, if they are projected in the first rd, they would be fools not to take that money.

No ****, doesn’t change my point that both would benefit from another season here. Both will still be drafted either way and hopefully develop into starters in the league.

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland

VN Store

Back