The Official #19 Tennessee vs. #13 Memphis Game Thread

Cold shooting from Turner and Bowden killed the Vols today. Memphis is not that good. We missed tons of open shots.

Turner, Bowden, and Pons went a combined 6 of 31 and 1 of 14 from 3. We're not going to win many games this season if that happens. I don't think Penny out coached Rick at all, Barnes can't go out there and hit shots too.

Barnes got out coached by Florida St but no way in hell did Penny outcoach anyone today.

Can’t get over on Bowden was a complete no show. He cannot create his own shot and sucks against athletic teams. Always has.
Who do we have that can create a shot? Turner, sometimes? And when he does, he struggles to make them this year.

WTF does that have to do with answering my question.

You're the one that said it was a good first half bro, I'm asking was that a good second half too?
Rick Barnes said and I quote “ I was pleased with the first half” obviously the game didn’t go how we wanted. We lost, so what do you think?

20k shots by tomorrow for Bowden & Turner is what needs to happen. This is getting ridiculous. Turner shot like 9% from the field but acted like he was shooting 60%.

That was the worst offense Ive seen in three seasons

No but he’s a huge reason it’s an L
True, and there are other game threads we could go back to where he was a huge reason it was a W. We are both Vol fans first and foremost. I hope , as I am sure that you do as well that not only LT but the rest of the team can look at this chit fest film , BURN IT, and then use it for positive growth!

Hopefully Barnes calls them out and hurts their feelings. Inexcusable for seniors for to play like that.
He's been calling them out all year for turnovers and such. Those guys not meeting expectations didn't just occur today.

Reactions: Vols All Day
I’m curious where Barnes goes from here. It’s not like Bowden and Turner just had one bad game, shake it off, move to the next. They’ve both been REALLY bad this year.

This defense is elite, but not many players on the offensive end of the floor that can do much.

Maybe it's just not in the cards for us this season? We are VERY FLAWED. Should we still be excited about next season and the future? Hell, yeah.
If we're being honest, I think we all knew this team would struggle without the guys we lost last year and without a guy like Plavsic to help inside.

Well now that I've cooled down a bit...I feel better knowing Memphis is going nowhere, this season or in the future. They may have "talent" but they are a poorly coached team. All around, they did absolutely nothing that was impressive. They won because they left open guys to shoot down three's and we went 4-26..

This team is projected to be a bubble team. Started early season hot, but Vols are not 19th best team in country. This will be a grind it out season. Key will be can we improve as season goes on.
Bench needs to develop and contribute. Turner is playing hurt. New point guard in January will possibly help. If we can win 10 conference games and an SEC tourney game, we could go to the dance. Just making tourney this year will be an accomplishment and a spring board to next year.
The good news - re-enforcements are coming.

At what point in the game does Barnes tells them to stop jacking up 3s and drive and shoot or draw the foul? Cause he was letting them jack up the 3s regardless. I thought Pember and Gaines should of played more in the 2nd half

Hopefully Barnes calls them out and hurts their feelings. Inexcusable for seniors for to play like that.
Sad thing is he has already done that. He called them out against Florida St. Fulk has responded, but Bowden has not and LT just might be done mentally and physically.

Reactions: amorange
This guy called me an idiot when I told him our football would be 5-7 AT WORST, after the BYU game. Then told me that everyone thought that except for me. He’s a weak, panicking, non-Vol. Just let him be. I’m ignoring his negative attitude from now on. GO VOLS!

Once again....you're a liar. Show me where I called you an idiot. Quote me. I said you were out of your mind.

But you are a liar, and I'll call you that again. Also, big talk calling someone else weak from someone that was so emotionally scarred that he still remembers something I said from a September football thread AND can't stop bringing it up. Grow a pair.

I think we can all agree when you shoot in the 20's %for the game and Turner and Bowden hit three buckets you aint gonna win. Our defense which is solid kept us around otherwise shooting those percentages like that will get you beat against Austin Peay. Really both teams look pathetic the entire game. No one can take any pride in this thing. Well maybe Memphis a little because they hit free throws and we didn't but they played about as bad as we did.

If we're being honest, I think we all knew this team would struggle without the guys we lost last year and without a guy like Plavsic to help inside.

I was really hoping Bowden would take that big step forward but he doesn’t seek the ball.

VN Store

Back