The Official #18 Tennessee vs. Ole Miss Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SEC Network

His comments are funny. He chastizes others for expecting BHH to play and be good, but then comes in and says a kid who cant even get on the court a force. The double standard is funny

Aidoo was also considered a project while BHH was expected to be a 5* First Round Draft pick which clearly, hasn’t shown on the court.

Yeah a kid diving on the floor is toatally lazy. Does he get beat on defense sometimes sure, but hes a freshman, hell our upper class-men get beat too. Barnes has just decided he doesnt like him and hes not going to play him unless he has to.
This may be the craziest take I’ve seen yet. If CRB doesn’t like you he won’t play you even if you make the team better and help him win more games. Wow - peace out!

I wouldn't say Barnes doesn't like BHH, but those rumors about UK saying he was a pre-Madonna (RF joke) may be closer to true than we want to admit
I’m not so sure it’s really a prima donna thing so much as a low motor thing. He seems to be a good kid from all accounts. I could be wrong, though.

What in your view is that reason?
He grinds his teams down mentally through the season. By the time the tournies roll around theyre just done and ready to get to the off season.

Overcoaching basically, I dont think its bad to grind guys down in the off season and pre season, even the early non conference games, but by the time conference play starts you should know what you have and back off of guys some. By the SEC tournament in Nashville starts you have to watch film and stuff but practice shouldnt be much more than some tweaks for the next opponent and keeping conditioning up. Seasons are long and the grind is tough physically and mentally you have to keep kids engaged, if you go 125% on them from November to March theyre going to get tired and start checking out on you.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back