The Official #17 Tennessee vs. #5 Villanova Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, ESPN News

Play the kids at this point. Let Ziegler, mashak, bhh, French kid whose name I can’t spell and aidoo play the vast majority of minutes down the stretch

Bailey is so damn awful. He was brought here to make shots and he doesn’t do that at all. So frustrating.
besides KC and Vescovi and Powell when he can find minutes, we really have no shooters. That is why I am surprised at Barnes changing the offense. Maybe he didnt change it and the players changed it

This team is about what I figured decent will get some wins, but once again will struggle to win the big ones. Another S16 or earlier exit.

Not true. We have great resources and deep pockets along with an AD that cares about basketball. We could make a much better hire than back in the prev regime
It takes mutual interest. Who are we prying away from their current position to come here?

We had a window to take advantage of when it was 39-22, but could capitalize at all...wasted wayyy to many possessions.

Today is a splash of cold water to the face. Time to recalibrate expectations. Thought we were low at 4th in the SEC. That's probably too high. Need to improve over the season, squeak into the tournament and hope to catch fire from 3.

Des Oliver was actively telling his players to take it to Powell. You tell me
The point is they are both very bad on D. Powell can actually shoot and doesn’t have complete tunnel vision towards the basket. If you’re gonna have a turnstile on D then he might as well be able to contribute on O and not be a consistent 3-11 shooter

T

True. Though elite teams don’t have these games.

Idk. As ugly as this has been, I can't help but think back to when our Elite Eight team went on the road for a non conference matchup against an average USC team and got smoked.

There are a lot of new pieces on this team. This game has been pretty alarming, but it's way to early to put label this team as anything other than a work in progress.

VN Store

Back