The Official #10 Tennessee vs. Appalachian State Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Dang, held them under 40. I know this isn’t an amazing opponent, but wow. What an effort. Offense came to play today too.

Reactions: Voltopia
Takes a ton of pressure off the shooters when you can play defense like this. Can't wait for the SEC schedule and Kansas on Jan. 30 to see how good we really are.

Reactions: 1985Vols
Dang, held them under 40. I know this isn’t an amazing opponent, but wow. What an effort. Offense came to play today too.

Even the worst teams, and I mean the worst teams in Division I score at least 50 points a game (save a few outliers every season). Holding anyone to 40 points is worth acknowledging and praising. Not too often you'll see that at this level. From to time, sure, but still - worth celebrating.

Keon just needs to work on his 3 and he has everything the NBA wants in a lottery pick and that's a double edged sword. Maybe, just maybe, he will get a late 1st round/early 2nd round projection and comes back to let Barnes help improve his jumper. But, I doubt it. Springer reminds me of, well, me. I was taking to u to the hole and most couldn't stop me, without fouling me. That's Springer, once he learns to look for a little drop-off, he could rack up some assists. Just doing it 2 or 3 times a game would also keep the help defense from leaving their man as much. Bob and Bert named JJJ, player of the game

We still have some room for improvement on the offensive end, but that will come as we get to practice more and play more games. This team is deep, athletic, and elite defensively. Once the offensive rhythm comes...man, good luck to the rest of the SEC.

Even the worst teams, and I mean the worst teams in Division I score at least 50 points a game (save a few outliers every season). Holding anyone to 40 points is worth acknowledging and praising. Not too often you'll see that at this level. From to time, sure, but still - worth celebrating.
Yep, and usually when we’ve done it previously it’s been because the pace of the game was super slow, like in the Cuonzo years

Reactions: Voltopia
This team is relentless on defense. They don’t lose a thing when substituting , even 10 deep. This may end up being the best team we have ever seen on the Hill.

Keon just needs to work on his 3 and he has everything the NBA wants in a lottery pick and that's a double edged sword. Maybe, just maybe, he will get a late 1st round/early 2nd round projection and comes back to let Barnes help improve his jumper. But, I doubt it. Springer reminds me of, well, me. I was taking to u to the hole and most couldn't stop me, without fouling me. That's Springer, once he learns to look for a little drop-off, he could rack up some assists. Just doing it 2 or 3 times a game would also keep the help defense from leaving their man as much. Bob and Bert named JJJ, player of the game

That's because that's about the only name Bob can pronounce

Reactions: The Dog
You were much better than me if Springer reminds you of yourself. Plavisc reminds me of me 😂

#10 Tennessee Volunteers: 2-0 (0-0 SEC)

EpEkw2UUwAExXSH

vs.

Appalachian State Mountaineers: 4-1 (0-0 Sun Belt)

10102158.png

GAME 3 | TENNESSEE vs. APPALACHIAN STATE - Dec. 15, 2020 | 7:01 p.m. ET | Thompson-Boling Arena (4,191)

Line: UT -19
O/U: 130.5

TV: SEC Network / Watch
Radio:
Vol Network / Listen
Satellite Radio:
XM: TBA / Internet: TBA
Online: WatchESPN app

Appalachian State Game Notes

EpOgJ9rXYAMp8nK
Great defensive effort tonight! GBO!

VN Store