The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

Good to see you around man.

Sorry about the loss. I know it sucks.

All I can tell you is the 2017 Florida team that won the whole thing wasn't near as good as the 2010-2012 Florida teams, but they are the one who did it.

You have a great coach who clearly will be putting together great teams and unless your name is Mike Martin, eventually you break through if you keep knocking on the door.

I made comments earlier about if you weren't a Vol fan, this isn't a likeable team.

However, like the Bad Boy Pistons, there is a lot to admire and there's a reason why I understand why CTV let it go.

It's hard to get a team to have one heartbeat, pull on the same rope, play hard, have fun, care about winning and losing, etc.

I was not a fan of how they acted either, but that's the one negative. But, I can understand letting players be themselves when it bonded them so much as a team. It's one of the things that probably made them as good as they were.

It's not the reason they lost. They lost because it's baseball and **** happens.

To be fair, we’re Tennessee. We’ll never be a “likable” team. People hate us, so you’re never going to see a “likeable” team here. It’s why I don’t care about trying to be liked. We could run out a team of literal preachers saying the gospel after a home run or a touchdown and people would complain about us.

That's a bit harsh and over the top. UT had everything set up in it's favor. Home field, generational roster and a #1 seed. Can't get any better than that. We just weren't good enough when it counted the most. It happens and that's baseball. You need some luck along the way and we just came up short. It's not as if we're alone. Think there's been one #1 seed win a natty in what...the last 20 years? That shows you how hard it is to reach Omaha much less win it all. Just hope Arky doesn't win the thing. Their fans have already started to crow about our "choke" job and what they'd have done to us if they'd gotten the chance. Sadly we won't have the opportunity to shut them up. As they say, to the winners belong the spoils and the bragging rights.
When they start that, remind them they had plenty of chances to meet up in the SECT. Not our fault they crapped the bed.

All I can tell you is the 2017 Florida team that won the whole thing wasn't near as good as the 2010-2012 Florida teams, but they are the one who did it.

You have a great coach who clearly will be putting together great teams and unless your name is Mike Martin, eventually you break through if you keep knocking on the door.
Lol. Let's not pretend that 17 team was bad.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I am not a big baseball fan, but I must say college baseball is much more entertaining the professional baseball. Of course, now that I think about it, that could be said for just about every sport.
Can’t “like” this comment enough. Kindred spirits!

I wish I could hug all of our players and give them a personal THANK YOU.

I'm taking a break for a few days until the drivebys leave. I'm sure the rest of the college baseball world is taking great pleasure in our season ending. Whatever.

I'll be preparing stuff to post here about the upcoming draft and our players.

Until later... 🧡

I know nobody will read this. I don't have time to read all these posts. Couple of things. Great season - sorry to see it end. A couple things I don't understand. (1)Using up Joyce in a game I doubted we would come back and win. Could have used him today.(2) It looked like Sewell and Connell didn't get up until after the double. Several guys should have been ready to go before the 7th started. (3) I wouldn't have pulled Burns after the double, he was still throwing well. After the homer I don't understand leaving him in. 2 barreled balls and he was at 90 pitches. (4) After Sewell gives up a hopper that wouldn't have broken a window pane we bring in a lefty to face a switch hitter and 2 rightys? I don't get that. But we didn't hit so none of that may have mattered
Bringing Connell is was definitely a mistake. Not sure what the thinking was there. Probably a good thing the switch hitter decided to bunt and got another out on the bases.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Of all the major sports baseball has the highest variance. The very best teams in MLB each year lose a third or sometimes more of their games. What would be the # 1 seed very frequently doesn't even win their league. c-ship. Just the way it is.
Go spew your crap in the politics forum. We don't have time for you right now.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

Lol at the Martin part. Yes Sir, this pill ain’t going down easy, but we had a good run!

GBO!!!

VN Store

Back