The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

After what happened Friday night and more undisciplined sloppy play today I’m glad we lost I don’t wanna team full of cocky bratty bad sportsmanship jerks being rewarded! CTV and players made way too many mistakes because they are cocky and undisciplined! You get what you deserve! If we made it to Omaha and lost it would be not as bad, but to lose the way we did to that team proves Vols need to work on A LOT to be a champion! Drew Gilbert would never play for me again unless he matures, upper classmen must be better! I’m not heartbroken or feel any pity for them at all! Go play ball, execute and don’t be stupid!

GO ROOT FOR WHATEVER TEAM YOU PREFER AND LEAVE US ALONE

Made the mistake of checking Twitter to try to find Vitello’s quotes from the postgame, and I was immediately greeted with several tweets from the national media laughing at our guys, mocking them, and calling them classless. I expect this kind of stuff from opposing fans, but the journalistic unprofessionalism that is being displayed by some (not all) members of the national media right now just makes me sick
They jelly.

Coaching…the most tired explanation on this board.

We got outplayed…they fielded and hit the ball, and we didn’t. Coaching had very little to do with it.

Mostly agree....except for not taking Burns out after the double followed by the 1st HR.

And you have to tip your cat to ND. ::::spits:::::

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yep been pretty solid all year but they scored 5 runs when we should have been in the dugout. Can’t give a veteran team 4 outs and we did twice , bites you every time.
Our defense , or lack there of, killed us today. We gave them way to many swings at the ball. In this series,, we also took a lot of 75-80 mph pitches right down the middle of the plate. Their pitching reminded me of Kentucky’s pitchers in that they killed us with off speed junk and the throwing the fastball by our batters. I think we missed Anderson today because he would have replaced burns iat the end of the 6th. Our bullpen was rested and ready.
Can’t wait for next year. I think we will still be very good in 2023. It has been a good ride these last 2 years and I expect it will be just as good or better next year. See you guys @nd gals on the football and basketball boards this Fall and Winter.

I made comments earlier about if you weren't a Vol fan, this isn't a likeable team.

However, like the Bad Boy Pistons, there is a lot to admire and there's a reason why I understand why CTV let it go.

It's hard to get a team to have one heartbeat, pull on the same rope, play hard, have fun, care about winning and losing, etc.

I was not a fan of how they acted either, but that's the one negative. But, I can understand letting players be themselves when it bonded them so much as a team. It's one of the things that probably made them as good as they were.

It's not the reason they lost. They lost because it's baseball and **** happens.

Good to see you around man.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Coaching…the most tired explanation on this board.

We got outplayed…they fielded and hit the ball, and we didn’t. Coaching had very little to do with it.

Managing our pitching rotation over the last three days was handled poorly. It cost us in runs and maybe the series. Their coach wasted no pen yesterday, and switched batter by batter today. Played it like a violin. I agree they outplayed us. I said so. They outcoached us too.

As long as Tony stays, I'm real optimistic about the program future. I suspect next year will be very different. Maybe struggle quite a bit starting conference play. But I have no doubt they'll be back in the NCAA. Not the number 1 team but maybe with less pressure, they get hot at exactly the right time. I'm glad Tennessee is getting serious about all its sports programs. Trust me - we will crack through and win more championships.
We are now a contender and a legit program! We ain’t going nowhere!
GBO!!

I know it’s a low bar for some of these guys, but even by their standards some of the comments are beyond ridiculous. I don’t want to post some of the tweets I’ve seen from CBS guys and ESPN guys because it will just piss off others like it did to me
Vultures flock to dead bodies. They were always going to swoop in if we didn’t win it all. Don’t give a flying (care) what anyone at CBS or ESPN says on **itter.

I made comments earlier about if you weren't a Vol fan, this isn't a likeable team.

However, like the Bad Boy Pistons, there is a lot to admire and there's a reason why I understand why CTV let it go.

It's hard to get a team to have one heartbeat, pull on the same rope, play hard, have fun, care about winning and losing, etc.

I was not a fan of how they acted either, but that's the one negative. But, I can understand letting players be themselves when it bonded them so much as a team. It's one of the things that probably made them as good as they were.

It's not the reason they lost. They lost because it's baseball and **** happens.
Good effort in that secc game loss. Your doofus coach reminds me of muschump. You won’t win another east title as long as vitello is here. Peace.

This team deserves criticism if you don’t understand that then you need to go find another program!

Because they are cocky??? Give me a break fun police. Let’s be honest for a second, neither you nor I would follow this team as much as we have this season if it wasn’t for the team being as energetic and dominant as they were.

The best teams lose about a third of their games every season and we ended up losing about a fifth of them so that’s pretty damn good in my books. Unfortunately we lost two out of three at the worst time which sucks but it is what it is.

VN Store

Back