The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

It’s baseball. Look at what happened to the past 22 no. 1 seeds. It was a great year. Sec regular season AND tournament champs in arguably the best conference in baseball.
SEC wins great....Saying not even making it to the CWS because of the other 22 is a deafest attitude IMO. I'm not one in being happy with just the great tailgates. I don't care about the other 22...I care about this UT team. We can agree to disagree.

Reactions: BigALWiLson
As long as Tony stays, I'm real optimistic about the program future. I suspect next year will be very different. Maybe struggle quite a bit starting conference play. But I have no doubt they'll be back in the NCAA. Not the number 1 team but maybe with less pressure, they get hot at exactly the right time. I'm glad Tennessee is getting serious about all its sports programs. Trust me - we will crack through and win more championships.

I can tell you players don't watch the other team's celebration. They put their focus elsewhere, like accepting the disappointment and what they need to work on to make sure that doesn't happen ever again. Good players go right back to work.
They didn't watch the whole thing but they definitely did the first few minutes.

I know nobody will read this. I don't have time to read all these posts. Couple of things. Great season - sorry to see it end. A couple things I don't understand. (1)Using up Joyce in a game I doubted we would come back and win. Could have used him today.(2) It looked like Sewell and Connell didn't get up until after the double. Several guys should have been ready to go before the 7th started. (3) I wouldn't have pulled Burns after the double, he was still throwing well. After the homer I don't understand leaving him in. 2 barreled balls and he was at 90 pitches. (4) After Sewell gives up a hopper that wouldn't have broken a window pane we bring in a lefty to face a switch hitter and 2 rightys? I don't get that. But we didn't hit so none of that may have mattered

Waste of a great season and nothing to show for it and my Arkansas friends are giving me absolute hell right now. This sucks.

National media is unprofessional? Is the sky still blue?
I know it’s a low bar for some of these guys, but even by their standards some of the comments are beyond ridiculous. I don’t want to post some of the tweets I’ve seen from CBS guys and ESPN guys because it will just piss off others like it did to me

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I thought he should have come out after the ground rule double, but thats just me!!!

I would not have brought him out for that inning. 60 pitches then Bream or the relievers finish with a 2 run lead. You don't go down with those arms sitting in the dugout, you just don't. If we did this and lost then we fired all of our guns so nothing to be said.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
I wouldn’t be mad about A&M winning it. Anyone but Arky, TX, and OU lol.

Yeah, I’d be okay w A&M. I despise Notre Dame, always have since I was a kid in the 70’s and 80’s. I won’t watch another game most likely as the thought of Arkansas, Ole Miss, Auburn and A&M making it to Omaha makes me nauseous as that would mean TN was only SEC school to lose I supers. I 🤔 I am correct.

After what happened Friday night and more undisciplined sloppy play today I’m glad we lost I don’t wanna team full of cocky bratty bad sportsmanship jerks being rewarded! CTV and players made way too many mistakes because they are cocky and undisciplined! You get what you deserve! If we made it to Omaha and lost it would be not as bad, but to lose the way we did to that team proves Vols need to work on A LOT to be a champion! Drew Gilbert would never play for me again unless he matures, upper classmen must be better! I’m not heartbroken or feel any pity for them at all! Go play ball, execute and don’t be stupid!
That's a bit harsh and over the top. UT had everything set up in it's favor. Home field, generational roster and a #1 seed. Can't get any better than that. We just weren't good enough when it counted the most. It happens and that's baseball. You need some luck along the way and we just came up short. It's not as if we're alone. Think there's been one #1 seed win a natty in what...the last 20 years? That shows you how hard it is to reach Omaha much less win it all. Just hope Arky doesn't win the thing. Their fans have already started to crow about our "choke" job and what they'd have done to us if they'd gotten the chance. Sadly we won't have the opportunity to shut them up. As they say, to the winners belong the spoils and the bragging rights.

SEC wins great....Saying not even making it to the because of the other 22is a deafest attitude IMO. I'm not one in being happy with just the great tailgates. I don't care about the other 22...I care about this UT team. We can agree to disagree.
im trying to understand your writing, unsuccessfully.

I guess I’ll be seeing you folks come September. Enjoy the summer before we enter what’s usually a miserable fall until lately!

Being a TN fan is extremely difficult. You hear the media talk about this team like it had little to no weaknesses. How they could be one of the best teams in the last 30 years. Then you think, maybe they could be. And then boom. We get slammed back to reality. It was a spectacular season no doubt. Sucks that we got eliminated by an inferior team. It just goes to show how hard it is for a #1 overall seed to win it all.

Losing always sucks. But it’s hard to really be upset with this team. I highly doubt anyone thought we would have won like we did. Vitello has turned this program into a freaking juggernaut. Go Big Orange!!

I made comments earlier about if you weren't a Vol fan, this isn't a likeable team.

However, like the Bad Boy Pistons, there is a lot to admire and there's a reason why I understand why CTV let it go.

It's hard to get a team to have one heartbeat, pull on the same rope, play hard, have fun, care about winning and losing, etc.

I was not a fan of how they acted either, but that's the one negative. But, I can understand letting players be themselves when it bonded them so much as a team. It's one of the things that probably made them as good as they were.

It's not the reason they lost. They lost because it's baseball and **** happens.

VN Store

Back