The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

You can say that about any College Teams.
We have a tendency to over look the victories that got us there.

Each one of the losses have a reasonable explanation as to why....some were due to officiating today was due to hesitation on 3 parts. Coach, Liscomb and Gilbert...

I'm not, but the point of those losses (and this one) is they ended our season and kept us from going where we wanted to go. Basketball has never made a FF and all 3 of those losses I stated were some of our best teams that didn't make it. 2001 Vols were a half away from playing for their second national title in 3 years. And baseball has never won the CWS and this team was by far the best team we've ever seen.

So these losses are particularly crushing.

Reactions: Tenacjim
Signing off. This is one of those days where I will spend most of it trying to stop myself from either wishing or visiting death, dismemberment and destruction on vast portions of humanity. I don't handle losing well and I am self aware.

Ditto. I am very disappointed and don’t handle losing well. Never have. It doesn’t make me a bad person, though. I’m just very competitive. I’m invested in almost every Vols’ sport ( 🏈, ⚾️, 🏀, women’s 🏀, and 🥎. I just purchased season tickets for TN 🏈 .

My daughter and wife ask me how I enjo my soirtd when I get so upset about TN or my Steelers losing. I don’t have an answer.

Reactions: HeadVol77 and oz615
Burns should have pitched six. We had plenty of fun powder in the pen.
They hit Kirby and Sewell. We had a very tough road to get to the World series. I don't know why the number one team got best offense and a team that was on fire at the end of the season. Old Miss is probably going and we beat them 27-0.

It's irritating watching a team that killed everyone all year absolutely fail at fundamentals. Really frustrating.

I agree with the posters that it seemed like the pressure was getting to them over the past few weeks. We were still winning but we were getting behind and didn't look nearly as dominate as we had been.

Be a man, watch them celebrate. I always make it a point to when we get beat. The players have to watch it, I like to think I'm suffering with them.

I watched the last out. That was enough. This was a big upset. I've had my share of suffering through watching the other team celebrating a heavily favored Vols team over the years. It's the shock from the announcers having to explain the upset that's just as hard.

Notre Dame deserves so much credit and respect for coming to Knocksville and taking out the #1 team the way they did. Yes, the Vols made some costly errors and the bats weren't stellar today, but ND just had a better overall weekend. Period. Terrible time for our guys to have a bit of a dip, but it happens. It's what makes baseball so much fun AND so often frustrating.
They will get none of that from me. Hope their bus breaks down on the way to Omaha.

When I loved pro baseball, I rooted for Braves Maddux/Glavine and Smoltz. Probably one of the greatest pitching trios ever -- and they only won the World series once. I love this team, and they had a great year. I just can't gripe and complain about them. Don't really care to read it. I guess I'm going to sign out now.
No doubt. But it still eats at you to be called “the Buffalo Bills” of baseball. But you’re right. Championships are damn hard to win so you must savor them. It is also why it is soooo much harder to take when you have a team that SHOULD when but doesn’t.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I am still positive on Coach V but all the returning players and coaches have to learn from this. It’s one thing to play loose and have fun but you have to be disciplined. This team made too many errors at crucial points and the coaches were overly confident in the pitching to a fault and the hitters were not patient when the pitchers were struggling. You have to have discipline to win championships especially when adversity comes.

VN Store

Back