The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

How much is Joyce likely to be available the rest of the weekend after 64 pitches? It seems a waste to use him down 8-1. We may need those 3 good innings today or hopefully tomorrow

Reactions: patrick
Everyone we need to break the Manning bad juju.

Spin in circles - counter-clockwise - 16 times.

Say alphabet backwards.

Do a shot of whiskey from the side of your mouth while standing on one foot.

Pat your head - while rubbing your stomach in circles.

Should be good to go now.

Agree. I think the rotation should have remain the same with Tidwell in the bullpen.

Tidwell is also the freshest of our starters. He was elevating the ball yesterday, and ND hitters are good enough to make him pay. It happens to pitchers, even the best of them. Dolly had a very poor outing in his last one. It happens. The staff has good reason for the order they are proceeding with.

You said it wasn't "part of baseball." It's only been part of baseball for like 50-60 years.

Nobody is justifying, I'm correcting you. Unless you literally started watching baseball yesterday.

Exactly. I watched batter after batter in the LVille game last night saying various expletives at the plate umpire to protest strike calls. Also saw pitchers using the same expletives throughout the game. And umpires didn’t say jack.

If Levy, behind the plate ump, was so offended he should have given a warning. What Levy did is bush league - you don’t toss a player and coach like that in a super regional.

Levy is no stranger to controversy. The list of players and coaches he has tossed is distinguished.

Dave Serrano was quoted last night as saying that Levy has tossed him out of 5 games. Levy is a MLB flunky. F him.

Go Vols.

Cussing at umpires is one thing. He crossed the line and was ok until the FU which is when he was tossed. You dont do that in any league unless you want to be tossed. Just like bumping an umpire. Common sense and control.

This is correct. If you played or coached, you know this. You know the rules, written or unwritten. The codes of behavior.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
I don’t think FU is actually what he said. While i do want our guys to show some more control at times, what I saw did not even warrrant a warning

Exactly. I watched batter after batter in the LVille game last night saying various expletives at the plate umpire to protest strike calls. Also saw pitchers using the same expletives throughout the game. And umpires didn’t say jack.

If Levy, behind the plate ump, was so offended he should have given a warning. What Levy did is bush league - you don’t toss a player and coach like that in a super regional.

Levy is no stranger to controversy. The list of players and coaches he has tossed is distinguished.

Dave Serrano was quoted last night as saying that Levy has tossed him out of 5 games. Levy is a MLB flunky. F him.

Go Vols.
You can say a lot of stuff if not looking directly at ump. Face himandsay it you are gonna get run...

You said it wasn't "part of baseball." It's only been part of baseball for like 50-60 years.

Nobody is justifying, I'm correcting you. Unless you literally started watching baseball yesterday.
Everyone is correct, the ball wasn't anywhere NEAR a strike, Gilbert needed an iron to hit the pitch. However you should not cuss like a drunken sailor about it and he should not have to miss today for what happened yesterday....

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
How much is Joyce likely to be available the rest of the weekend after 64 pitches? It seems a waste to use him down 8-1. We may need those 3 good innings today or hopefully tomorrow
It is what it is. I’m with CTV. ND played their best and we did not. Throwing errors, runners left on base, players and coaches ejected, striking at bad pitches, and not shutting them down or scoring more runs. This is a new day. Go Vols! Win this series!

Worried about chase today he got smoked his last outing.
They are pitching their ace today. Looking forward to seeing what UT baseball team is made of. Out score them and we win. Our pitcher will do his best to win. I prefer proven and experience players in tourneys. Go Vols!

Who would you have used in his place?
I'm not sure who is on the roster for this weekend. It was posted earlier in one of these threads that Evans wasn't on the roster for the supers but he pitched. I may have spread it out an inning each? Kirby, McLaughlin, is Sechrist available? I'm not sure. But the question remains - is it likely we can use Joyce again? Today? Tomorrow?

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

VN Store

Back