The Official #1 Tennessee vs Florida SEC Tourney Championship Game Thread (Sunday May 29 3PM EST ESPN2)

I’ve changed my mind about winning this tournament

I want this tram to go down as greatest ever. Some - especially in region; will not give UT that crown if they don’t win this tourney.

Never mind this team literally lapped the field in the regular season, was consensus #1 for 9 of last 10 weeks.

I want it all. I’m greedy

Agree. I didn’t care about the SEC tourney and just wanted it to be used to set up for regionals. Now I want to will the whole damn thing.

Did y’all hear Chris Burke talk about the BaseVols impact on merchandise sales? He said it used to be impossible to find anything UT baseball related, and look at it now! I’ve spent a small fortune on UT baseball merchandise for my family and I know Volnation is representing Vol baseball gear like never before. Pretty amazing!

Agree. I didn’t care about the SEC tourney and just wanted it to be used to set up for regionals. Now I want to will the whole damn thing.

It would be nice for sure, but I'm not losing sleep over this. It's a pretty meaningless tournament unless your postseason life is on the line. Our guys have been on the field until 2 am for two days in a row which is, in my opinion, pathetic and unacceptable. I hope we can rest up and be ready to go at full strength for regionals.

No matter who we throw the amount of arms fresh for today is just silly. Joyce, Sewell, McGlotlain(sp?), Mabry, Kirby,Redmond. The depth is just insane.

Guessing Kirby only pitches in an emergency. He’s pitched in 2 games and threw a pretty good number. But having Sechrist available is something we wouldn’t normally have in an SEC game.

It would be nice for sure, but I'm not losing sleep over this. It's a pretty meaningless tournament unless your postseason life is on the line. Our guys have been on the field until 2 am for two days in a row which is, in my opinion, pathetic and unacceptable. I hope we can rest up and be ready to go at full strength for regionals.

Yeah, I am not the least bit nervous because this game is pretty meaningless, but it is FL so I want to win. But not at all costs.

I do wonder how much that will affect the game. Florida got a little more rest than our guys, which is odd considering we are the #1 seed.

Oh, they were interested enough to be up watching. . .
Started watching Vol Baseball when covid cut the season short. I never really kept up with baseball until then. That being said I have spent all weekend waiting for games to start and watching games till 2am. I’ll be in the doghouse tonight because I’m watching the game today. Well worth it. Been too long to have a dominant Vol team. I’m enjoying every minute. I still haven’t learned the whole strategy of saving pitchers or anything else, but I am hoping we go all out and win. Hate the gators and don’t want the hanging a banner and want to hang as many as we can.

Started watching Vol Baseball when covid cut the season short. I never really kept up with baseball until then. That being said I have spent all weekend waiting for games to start and watching games till 2am. I’ll be in the doghouse tonight because I’m watching the game today. Well worth it. Been too long to have a dominant Vol team. I’m enjoying every minute. I still haven’t learned the whole strategy of saving pitchers or anything else, but I am hoping we go all out and win. Hate the gators and don’t want the hanging a banner and want to hang as many as we can.
Welcome to the addiction known as Vols baseball. They are fun to watch!

What happened to the pitching in college baseball? I'm glad to see that we've got some very good pitchers--but around the country? Every time I watch college baseball highlights, in the SEC and other conferences, it's a parade of hits and runs, usually by both teams. It's absurd. Teams regularly scoring 8, 12, 15 runs. Did you hear about the UCLA--Oregon State game yesterday? UCLA won it 25-22. There were 53 hits in the game. After 5 innings--5--23 runs had been scored: Oregon State was leading 15-8. UCLA scored 9 runs in the 9th to tie it, then won it in extras. Certainly, as with MLB, the balls are a lot tighter than they were years ago; that, IMO, accounts for why we see so many home runs; a lot are well hit, of course, but a lot balls that just keep carrying and carrying and go out of the park. And Oregon State and UCLA are two of the better teams in the Pac10--the numbers 2 and 3 seeds. Everybody likes hitting, but c'mon: this is like T-ball.

I’ve changed my mind about winning this tournament

I want this tram to go down as greatest ever. Some - especially in region; will not give UT that crown if they don’t win this tourney.

Never mind this team literally lapped the field in the regular season, was consensus #1 for 9 of last 10 weeks.

I want it all. I’m greedy
iu

Did y’all hear Chris Burke talk about the BaseVols impact on merchandise sales? He said it used to be impossible to find anything UT baseball related, and look at it now! I’ve spent a small fortune on UT baseball merchandise for my family and I know Volnation is representing Vol baseball gear like never before. Pretty amazing!
Sitting here on Oak Island Beach wearing my Daddy cap and Omaha t-shirt, drinking out of my orange fake Yeti with the bball diamond. People crowding around us are gonna hear the game whether they want to or not. heh

VN Store

Back